PDA

View Full Version : How to remove Colt coral from tank?

balistidae
02-27-2013, 10:48 PM
Just wondering if anybody had any tricks on how to remove colt-coral from an aquarium?
My tank is quite full of the stuff and would like to remove it completely as it is just too much of a hastle to keep in check.

I have tried removing the rock and cutting the colt out with a razor blade as close to the rock as possible but it still comes back, even from just a few cells on the rock. Im wondering if I maybe superglued the remaining tissue if that might stop it from coming back?

Any tips greatly appreciated! Anybody in the Calgary area interested in some free colt stay tuned...

Tn23
02-27-2013, 10:52 PM
heard of some people using kalk paste and nuking it, however someone will need to confirm that before you try.

The Grizz
02-27-2013, 11:28 PM
Im am just guessing here cause i have not seen what you have but it is more likely that you have Kenya Tree rather then Colt if it comes back that fast.

But basically you have to cover the remaining stem with epoxy or super glue.

Madreefer
02-27-2013, 11:30 PM
Kalk paste worked for me. You shouldn't have to remove the rock to get it off. Just tear the coral off.

AquaticFinatic
02-28-2013, 02:55 AM
Joes juice etc works good.

balistidae
02-28-2013, 11:05 PM
Thanks for the tips everyone. I think i will cut them close and use a stiff nylon brush on the
remaining tissue and then seal with superglue or an epoxy.

Anyone interested in any large frags (free) please pm me. I will most likely tackle the forest next week.