PDA

View Full Version : Tank move products

fireguy98
02-26-2013, 11:48 PM
I am moving my tank in a few days and am mostly prepared. I am curious if anyone can recommends a product to use in case my tank starts to go down hill fast and water changes don't cut it. Somthing to add stability back to the system.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Madmak
02-27-2013, 02:43 AM
Not sure there is such a thing...

Maybe these if you can find them :)

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/02/27/e6e9ydes.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/02/27/ase8u9ug.jpg

lastlight
02-27-2013, 02:45 AM
Come on zeovit must have stableBak or something.

"Increases coral stability more stable..."

fireguy98
02-27-2013, 02:46 AM
Just trying to limit stress on my live stock folks.

Aquattro
02-27-2013, 03:10 AM
Just trying to limit stress on my live stock folks.

A good water change and patience, manage and minimize any damage. No real products to recover from a moved induced crash. But I've moved a few times and everything was fine.

naesco
02-27-2013, 05:21 AM
For an emergency only use seachem, Prime and also Stability together and check ammonia 6 times a day if your first tests show signs of ammonia present.

Go slow and be patient

Nate
02-27-2013, 05:24 AM
At very minimum prime in case you get an ammonia spike. Remember to limit your movement of sandbed if you have any. Try not to disturb it at all if possible.

fireguy98
02-27-2013, 06:28 AM
Good info thanks. I have to remove my sandbed so I going to rinse the sand extremely well.

asylumdown
02-27-2013, 07:09 AM
+1 to the Prime comment. Regardless of what's happening, be it rock die off, animal die off, bacterial bed disturbance, etc. etc. etc., the first and major outcome of all of them will be ammonia production. If you catch it early, you should be able to ride out the cycle using prime and prevent anything you paid for from dying. There's not much else you need to worry about during a transfer IMO.

If you start to detect ammonia using a salycilate ammonia test like the API kit, add prime until your test for ammonia comes back negative. Prime will make the ammonia invisible to a salycilate test kit (unless you let the test tube sit for too long). Remember that if you do detect ammonia, you're likely going to go through at least a week or longer cycle, and prime starts to break down after 48 hours, so you'll need to stay on top of testing and dosing.