PDA

View Full Version : plumbing

Amadod2
02-26-2013, 10:27 PM
hi everyone,

so im starting a 75g tank and sump build, and was wondering what you guys or how you guys set up you plumbing. im planning to keep the system simple but would love to know if you guys have done anything different or would suggest doing anything different on plumbing a set up.

Karsten
02-27-2013, 12:59 AM
Set up a drain so I would never have to syphen again

sobe
03-21-2013, 08:51 PM
As karsten said if you can get your tank drilled for an overflow instead of a siphon type. Always have 2 holes for drain in two seperate lines so atleast if one gets clog the tank can still drain..

Modified durso standpipe helps with the noise on your drain And also if you are using insump pump return try to connect it with a plastic tube atleast a few inches so it's not rigid all the way if you are using PVC pipes for return. You get less pump noise vibration. Put styrofoam underneath your sump as well so it's not direct contact with the base of your stand. This helps with the noise.

Plan as well where you want to connect a quick disconnects as well, I usually put one on my return line and on my drain line so it's easier to remove For cleaning and repairs. I forgot what the proper term it's called for the PVC quick disconnects.

Home depot you can get most of the parts but they are slowly phasing out the PVC schedules fittings. I go to US for more variety

philg3
03-21-2013, 08:58 PM
Plan as well where you want to connect a quick disconnects as well, I usually put one on my return line and on my drain line so it's easier to remove For cleaning and repairs. I forgot what the proper term it's called for the PVC quick disconnects.

Home depot you can get most of the parts but they are slowly phasing out the PVC schedules fittings. I go to US for more variety

The quick disconnects are called Unions. Check out Andrew Sheret and Corix for the harder to find and schedule 80 fittings locally.