PDA

View Full Version : Anemone suitable for nano?

Cubeman
02-25-2013, 04:54 AM
Are there any anemones commonly sold that remain small enough to be housed in a biocube 14? This tank is reasonably stocked with softies but I have a spare corner and a lonely clownfish. Any advice appreciated from those that know anemones.

mrhasan
02-25-2013, 05:06 AM
Are there any anemones commonly sold that remain small enough to be housed in a biocube 14? This tank is reasonably stocked with softies but I have a spare corner and a lonely clownfish. Any advice appreciated from those that know anemones.

Maxi minis but they don't host anything other than sexy shrimps. You can also try BTA but they get big.

But both of these can crawl around the tank; maxis would be perfect since they will stay small (5' diameter max) while BTA can get very big. But it would be a gamble since you wouldn't know whether or not the spared corner will be liked by the anemone.

daniella3d
02-25-2013, 11:48 AM
I have a few green bubble tips anemones in my 15 gallons nano with one clownfish. Problem is that they can move around so keeping them on a dedicated piece of liverock is essential. They grow fast and split often. I started with one and now have 5 of them on that same rock. They live beside a hammer coral and touch it but it does not seem to bother the hammer coral.

I would suggest a red bubble tip as they are easier to sell when they do split. They don't become so large. You do need a good light for them. Parameters must be good and stable at all time.

nerdz
02-25-2013, 01:44 PM
Maxi minis but they don't host anything other than sexy shrimps. You can also try BTA but they get big.

But both of these can crawl around the tank; maxis would be perfect since they will stay small (5' diameter max) while BTA can get very big. But it would be a gamble since you wouldn't know whether or not the spared corner will be liked by the anemone.

I have a maxi-mini in my Biocube 8. Its been happy and hosts a pair of sexy shrimp. Although my lighting is LED vs. stock PC, so not sure how that effects things

paddyob
02-25-2013, 02:42 PM
It's covered. Nem will move to where he wants. No matter what is there. And may kill whatever it rests on.

Cubeman
02-25-2013, 02:57 PM
Great responses gentleman - thanks very much! :rainbowa: