PDA

View Full Version : Please help test

Reef Supplies
02-23-2013, 11:20 PM
Hit everyone

We moved server yesturday and some people are saying its not loading. Can you please test and let me know if it loads?

http://www.reefsupplies.ca

Thanks

Reef Puffer
02-23-2013, 11:23 PM
Looks good

The Codfather
02-23-2013, 11:33 PM
Yep. It works.

Smudge
02-23-2013, 11:35 PM
Works for me Ray.

marie
02-23-2013, 11:37 PM
Works for me

Reef Supplies
02-23-2013, 11:55 PM
hey thanks a ton everyone!

Bugger
02-24-2013, 04:23 PM
dosen't work for me

Reef Supplies
02-24-2013, 04:25 PM
What do you get when you try to load? Can you PM me
Your ip?

Google search "what's my ip"

Thanks!

The Grizz
02-24-2013, 04:29 PM
Locked & loaded for me no problem!! Is that a new site? looks great!

Reef Supplies
02-24-2013, 05:21 PM
Thanks Grizz. We made some minor changes to the site, the big change was moving it to a dual dedicated server. The old one could not handle the traffic.

Thanks

Goatman
02-24-2013, 05:36 PM
yep looks good. Nice aesthetic

Gone Snorkelin'
02-24-2013, 06:08 PM
Worked for me the first time. While I was on your site it just quit working. I cleared my cache and tried again and no way. It won't load.

Michael

Reef Supplies
02-24-2013, 06:45 PM
Worked for me the first time. While I was on your site it just quit working. I cleared my cache and tried again and no way. It won't load.

Michael

Can you please PM me your IP?

Thanks!

Reef Supplies
02-25-2013, 02:44 PM
Up..

globaldesigns
02-25-2013, 03:31 PM
Worked for me...

If people are still having problems, it can be many things:

1.) Firstly when you move a website to a new server, this means your site will have a new/different IP, thus you have an issue called dns caching, as there as a time limit set for things to renew, this is called a TTL... Anyways time will fix this problem.

2.) ISP's also cache websites, so if you moved and deleted the old site, and if the ISP of the visitor is caching, then there can be problems. Again time will fix this.

3.) Caching within the visitors computer itself... There are ways to clear this cache, but most don't know how... Again, time will fix.

By today, hopefully you see no more problems.

Reef Supplies
02-25-2013, 03:42 PM
Hi and thanks for the reply!

Worked for me...

If people are still having problems, it can be many things:

1.) Firstly when you move a website to a new server, this means your site will have a new/different IP, thus you have an issue called dns caching, as there as a time limit set for things to renew, this is called a TTL... Anyways time will fix this problem.

2.) ISP's also cache websites, so if you moved and deleted the old site, and if the ISP of the visitor is caching, then there can be problems. Again time will fix this.

The old site was left on the old server for this very reason.

3.) Caching within the visitors computer itself... There are ways to clear this cache, but most don't know how... Again, time will fix.

Yes, this we can't control but since the old site is on the old server we should see sales go though it?

By today, hopefully you see no more problems.

The problem we are having is we are getting at least one person every day since the DNS swap tell us that it hangs at checkout. We have tested many many times and it works fine on our end. Our host is telling us the Mod Security is blocking some of these clients because the PC's are trying to inject Iframes. We confirmed this with 2 client IP's. Lot's of malware going around, so it seems.

thanks