PDA

View Full Version : Reef Keeper Two Question

swill
02-22-2013, 11:43 PM
I am plugging in my chiller to my system using the Reef Keeper Two and programming it to come on at 81.0F and turning off at 79.0F. My MH lights are programed to turn off if temp reaches 83.0F but for some reason the MH are turning off as soon as the chiller kicks in? I can't figure out why and am wondering if someone might be able to help me figure this out. The temp is 80.5F at the moment and the MH are off??

Cjm
02-23-2013, 12:45 AM
your probably exceeding the power limits of the bar. With a chiller or MH you often need the expansion module to properly power and control them

swill
02-23-2013, 01:47 AM
Ohhh..ok...I will plug the chiller into the wall then. Thanks!

gregzz4
02-23-2013, 01:56 AM
You can still use the RK to control the chiller with the Expansion Socket (http://www.jlaquatics.com/product/da-zes/Digital+Aquatics+Expansion+Socket+(ES).html) Cjm mentioned
It gets it's signal from the PC4 outlet, but it's power from the wall

daniella3d
02-23-2013, 04:21 AM
I had the same problem with the Reef Keeper lite, and my MH was shutting off when the little fan was coming on. Sometimes the unit would freeze and there goes everything dead, no pump, no heating, nothing, until I reset it.

I unplugged the MH from the bar and put it on a timer instead and it worked ok from there.

I solved the problem definitly and bought a Reef Angel...Best controller I ever got. I did not find the Reef keeper reliable and I thought it was even dangerous since it was stalling my tank when it was freezing.

gregzz4
02-23-2013, 05:20 AM
Just for the record ... on a PC4 the max outlet limits are ...

Channels 1 and 4; 8A/960watts each outlet
Channels 2 and 3; 3A/360watts each outlet

And the max for the whole PC4 is 15A/1800watts

swill, what do your MHs and Chiller draw, watts-wise ?