PDA

View Full Version : LF: 14 gal BioCube parts

Megzer
02-22-2013, 05:02 PM
Howdy everyone,

I'm looking for a new ballast for my 14 gallon BioCube. It currently only has one working light in it and I'd like to change that now that I have some new tenants in it. (I was fine with it only having one light while it cycled.)

I've called around to a few places here in Edmonton and haven't had much luck... One store even told me that it was going to be $120 to get it in and it would take 4 weeks to get here... Slightly ridiculous in my mind.

I'm willing to pay for shipping if I can find it cheaper elsewhere. I found one place in the states through Oceanic's website, they wanted $49 for it (which I would gladly pay) but wanted an extra $45 for customs and shipping.

If anyone knows where I can get it around Edmonton, or in Canada for that matter, please share your wisdom! :biggrin:

Megzer
02-26-2013, 08:38 PM
Would just like to give a shout out to J&L Aquatic... My ballast arrived today and even with shipping, this came out to $60 under what most places quoted me. :mrgreen:

Kryptic4L
02-27-2013, 02:28 AM
or upgrade to leds :) and say to hell with the stock lights

Megzer
02-27-2013, 02:22 PM
or upgrade to leds :) and say to hell with the stock lights

Hahah I would.. but LED's are still quite pricey... maybe once they come down a bit, or if i can find a decent deal. :mrgreen:

AquaticFinatic
02-27-2013, 03:48 PM
Shame your a 14. I have 2 29g ballasts sitting here doing nothing :cry: