PDA

View Full Version : Bubble magus nac qq overflowing

windcoast reefs
02-22-2013, 02:14 AM
Hey everyone,

As some of you may know I have had a skimmer less Lps tank for the past 8 months, but now I think it's time to get the skimmer up and running. I threw a bubble magus nac qq on the tank but all it does is overflow no matter what level I have it at. Any suggestions?

asylumdown
02-22-2013, 02:45 AM
Is it brand new? Highly possible that there's just too many DOC compounds in the water for the way it's designed. I've never heard of this as an options, but have you considered breaking it in in a bucket of new salt water with decomposing shrimp, and then moving it to your main tank?

It's just an idea and might not work at all. If that doesn't work, it might just be a matter of allowing the skimmer to overflow constantly in to a bucket for a few days until it gets whatever is making it go nuts out of the water.

Borderjumper
02-22-2013, 02:48 AM
Mine used to do that. I put a valve on the airline tube.

windcoast reefs
02-22-2013, 04:07 AM
Is it brand new? Highly possible that there's just too many DOC compounds in the water for the way it's designed. I've never heard of this as an options, but have you considered breaking it in in a bucket of new salt water with decomposing shrimp, and then moving it to your main tank?

It's just an idea and might not work at all. If that doesn't work, it might just be a matter of allowing the skimmer to overflow constantly in to a bucket for a few days until it gets whatever is making it go nuts out of the water.

No its been used before, but I think it may be just needing to break in, ive had it running for a couple hours and it seems to be overflowing less than before. I might take it out and run it in a bucket for a while to see what happens.

windcoast reefs
02-22-2013, 04:07 AM
Mine used to do that. I put a valve on the airline tube.

oh so it was getting to much air? I might give that a try, ive got a few valves lying around