PDA

View Full Version : Pink Skunks

DOO-E
05-21-2004, 01:27 PM
Hi
I wanted to put a couple of pink skunk clownfish in my 40 gallon. I dont know if i am going to put an anenome in yet but if i am it will either be a sebae or a lta. Is there any other anenomesthat you have found pink skunk clownfish to host in. Also can i have a pic to back your statement up. No offence i just dont want to end up with an anenome and my clowns not to host in it. I know that they will host in majestic and magnificant anenomes but them r too big.

ed99
05-21-2004, 04:30 PM
I have pink skunks hosted in a BTA. My ocellaris was never interested but as soon as I got the skunk, it went right for it. Subsequently I picked up another 2 pink skunks and one of them booted out the first one- they are not as laid back as I heard they would be! So now one skunk is in the BTA, a second calls a toadstool leather coral home and the third I'm not sure. I have pictures and will post when I get the chance.

I would consider a BTA. I bought a sebae and a LTA and neither survived. The BTA is doing fine though it has only been a few months. All anemones can be difficult to keep but the BTA seems to be one of the more hardy types.

Ed

DOO-E
05-21-2004, 07:42 PM
I have never heard that pink skunks host in BTA's but if you say so. i would like some pics as proof but like u said if u r posting pics i am looking forward. Dont worry about the clowns they will eventually pair off and you will have a female a male and a subordinate.

Doug
05-21-2004, 08:18 PM
i would like some pics as proof

Uhhh, that may be a little insulting to someone trying to offer help. I dont think they would lie, just to post something. :confused:

Anyways, back to the topic. I had orange skunks, that hosted in a large bubble coral, with a pair of Blue Striped cinnamon clowns.

The only pics I have left are here,

http://reefcentral.com/totm/2001-04

One of the pics shows one orange skunk near its host coral, with the cinnamons. I also have a pic in my gallery of the cinnamons in their bubble.

DOO-E
05-21-2004, 08:29 PM
I didnt mean to offend anybody i said that in the first post. I dont want to go out and buy an anenome and not have it host.

Aquattro
05-21-2004, 09:21 PM
I didnt mean to offend anybody i said that in the first post. I dont want to go out and buy an anenome and not have it host.

Even if his host in the bta, does not mean a different pair would do the same. There is always the risk that your clowns will not host in the anemone you add to the tank.

DOO-E
05-21-2004, 11:44 PM
Good point but likely if one pair will reside in a bta then another will. I am only putting in 1 anenome and the only other thing for a clown to reside in will be harry (lol) and a frog spawn or hammer

zulu_principle
05-22-2004, 12:24 AM
Your best bet (for survival, assuming all your parameters are good) is to get a bta that has split in captivity.

As for hosting, I have a skunk that hosts in a bta and its the same as someone else said, doesnt let its mate in either.

JMHO

Wendell

DOO-E
05-22-2004, 01:25 AM
How old is the pair. New pairs or pair that are not fully paired off. and even pairs that the female feels that there is no need for the male to be in the BTA because there is no threat in the tank will keep the mate out. It is probally that they are not fully apired off or the female feels no need for the male to be in the anenome for protection. Even the same sex. Are the two the same size. Both might be females.

zulu_principle
05-22-2004, 01:35 AM
The pair are captive bred and about 2 years old.

Trust me when I say I know a clownfish pair, only because I have about 10 other pairs and breed them aswell.

Wendell

DOO-E
05-22-2004, 01:39 AM
very nice r u interested in a pair of 3 inch clark's clownfish I will either trade you for 2 baby pink skunks (one inch - 2 inches). Or i will sell them to you for 30 dollars for both of them.