PDA

View Full Version : Mandarin goby

camaro7019
02-21-2013, 12:31 AM
hey guys, well the other day i came home from work, went over to my computer saw my mandarin goby laying on the ground, asked my wife did you see him jump out or hear him? shes like well i herd something 10 minutes ago but then i thought naw none of your fish are jumping fish.
well i picked him up his skin was dry and went to throw him in the garbage when i felt something looked at him and he started moving his mouth, threw him back in the tank well after a hard recovery he is swimming around my tank again looking great, never herd of a fish living for 10 minutes on the ground haha!

dustinc
02-21-2013, 12:58 AM
ive heard of people peeling gold fish off the counter and throwing them in the tank and surviving

The Guy
02-21-2013, 03:17 AM
hey guys, well the other day i came home from work, went over to my computer saw my mandarin goby laying on the ground, asked my wife did you see him jump out or hear him? shes like well i herd something 10 minutes ago but then i thought naw none of your fish are jumping fish.
well i picked him up his skin was dry and went to throw him in the garbage when i felt something looked at him and he started moving his mouth, threw him back in the tank well after a hard recovery he is swimming around my tank again looking great, never herd of a fish living for 10 minutes on the ground haha!
Hard to believe a Mandarin Goby jumped out as they seem so slow when moving around the tank, maybe another fish scared it. when I had freshwater tanks I once found a pleco in some fake plants I had removed to be washed, it had been sitting on the counter in a pail for a 2-3 hours before I got to it to wash them, when I pickup up the pile of plants to rinse them out he popped into the sink flipping around I put him back in the tank and he swam away and never missed a beat amazing! :lol:

toytech
02-22-2013, 01:29 AM
mandarins jump , especially at night .They spook easy thats how i lost mine.

ckmullin
02-22-2013, 03:11 AM
Glad you got it in time. I bet ya the little guy was looking up @ The Tunnel of Light !