PDA

View Full Version : T-5 needs a boost

11purewater
02-18-2013, 11:06 PM
I've run only T-5 for ten years but after seeing tanks using Mh and LED I've envied the colour depth of the higher intensity lights,But I won't give up my T-5 's yet.any recommendation for augmenting?2 blue plus,1ati blue special,and1 kz new Gen.All 54watt over my 85 gallon 25" depth.My goal is a strictly Zoa/Paly tank.Live rock from top to bottom.I want a nice balance between colour and growth and even a little eye appeal.There is nothing wrong in my tank waterwise or anything but since I'm Investing heavily in a specific type of coral I would like to keep them all happy.

11purewater
02-18-2013, 11:07 PM
Or just add more T-5's:biggrin:

mrhasan
02-18-2013, 11:35 PM
I've run only T-5 for ten years but after seeing tanks using Mh and LED I've envied the colour depth of the higher intensity lights,But I won't give up my T-5 's yet.any recommendation for augmenting?2 blue plus,1ati blue special,and1 kz new Gen.All 54watt over my 85 gallon 25" depth.My goal is a strictly Zoa/Paly tank.Live rock from top to bottom.I want a nice balance between colour and growth and even a little eye appeal.There is nothing wrong in my tank waterwise or anything but since I'm Investing heavily in a specific type of coral I would like to keep them all happy.

As far as I have heard, aquablue specials kinda washes out the color. That's why a proper replacement for aquablue is the other one that you are already using, Kz new gen. I would suggest to take out the aquablue and put a purple+ and that should do a big difference.

Again, its just a personal preference. Different people have different taste in coloration. But 2 blue+, 1 purple+ and 1 Kz should give you a 14k look along with the pop.

11purewater
02-19-2013, 04:06 AM
I'll try that combo,thanks!:smile:

Wheelman76
02-19-2013, 04:10 AM
Or you can use a coral plus instead of the kz

11purewater
02-19-2013, 04:22 AM
Or you can use a coral plus instead of the kzI would If I could find one in this town LOL.I might lean toward a LED suppliment to the T-5's.Any suggestions?