PDA

View Full Version : WT Borrow: Someone to help with tank plumbing in new apartment.

duncangweller
02-18-2013, 02:21 AM
Hi All,

I am now officially on the metaphorical housing ladder and therefore have to move my tank AGAIN! Every time I move I have changed the plumbing slightly to try and improve its effectiveness but every time I end up with a leak somewhere.

Seeing as this is a brand new place, and I really don't want wobbly laminate, is there anyone in this area who is a plumbing maestro that could lend their expertise for an afternoon/evening to come help me sort it out?

I have a fridge full of beer and a pizza is never far away! Oh yeah, the move will be end of march/beginning of April.

Any help would be massively appreciated and would give me huge piece of mind.

Thanks,
Dunc

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

ultreef
02-18-2013, 02:42 AM
Hey Dunc. Where is your new place? And when? I'll see if I have time to give you a hand.

If not, to weld PVC make sure you use primer as well. That will give you the best joint. And always cut it perpendicular to the length of the pipe, that will give your the most area for the bonding. They have a small little tool for that job. Available at Home Depot and most stores.

And give it plenty of time to dry before you water test.

duncangweller
02-18-2013, 02:50 AM
Hello mate,

My new place is in Langley, its a new complex built on Fraser/200th.

I use primer and cement on my joints and they are fine, however every time my threaded connections leak...it drives me insane. Your plumbing was so tidy, it would be perfect if you were able to help!

Dunc

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2

ultreef
02-18-2013, 02:54 AM
Hello mate,

My new place is in Langley, its a new complex built on Fraser/200th.

I use primer and cement on my joints and they are fine, however every time my threaded connections leak...it drives me insane. Your plumbing was so tidy, it would be perfect if you were able to help!

Dunc

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2

Teflon tape all your threaded connections.

When are you looking for help?

duncangweller
02-18-2013, 02:55 AM
Don't move until the end of march, so prob in the beginning of april

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD