PDA

View Full Version : Coral ID

krazykarl
02-17-2013, 01:54 AM
Hello all I have what I believe is an acropora of some sort but I am far from an expert or IDing corals please help. I will post a pic I took with my Iphone so not the best but should do.
Thanks
Karl

krazykarl
02-19-2013, 06:14 PM
So I take it nobody knows what species of Acropora this is. I would love to know for my own knowledge as well as be able to pass on what it is to other reefers as I have ten fags of this coral which I just fragged and am letting them color up a bit before they go up for trade or sale. It is an awesome coral with a wicked light neon green / white base color, with blue / purple tips and green polyps. The picture does not do this coral justice as the WB is off and it was taken with an Iphone.

Regards
Karl

kien
02-19-2013, 06:25 PM
I don't know for certain what it could be, but the growth kinda resembles a Plana to me. Google "Acropora plana" and see if you spot your coral among the different plana morphs.

krazykarl
02-20-2013, 12:15 AM
Thank you:) i would say there is a good chance that it is a plana of sort sort. It may be a Crayola as some call it. I just need to get a photo editing program of some sort so I can get a color correct picture up. I would like to see if there is any interest in any trades. I would like the frags to color up first couple more days and they will be ready. Please let me know if you have any deals. The frags are anywhere from one inch to 2 inchs. This is one of my favs I have in my tank.

Borderjumper
02-20-2013, 01:08 AM
Did you get it locally Karl?

krazykarl
02-20-2013, 02:26 AM
Yes I believe it was from BlueWorld.

dreef
02-20-2013, 02:29 AM
With a cream base it's probably some species of plana.One of the well known planas is known as crayola,one of my favorites.

xenon
02-20-2013, 02:39 AM
With a cream base it's probably some species of plana.One of the well known planas is known as crayola,one of my favorites.

Yep. Looks like a crayola plana to me. We will be adding this species to our website in the next few days. :)