Earthgirl
02-16-2013, 04:50 AM
Yup
Its bad
Looking for some who breeds them
Thanks so much in advance!

monocus
02-16-2013, 05:49 AM
there is a guy in alberta-not sure if he's around edmonton or calgary that breeds them.if you still have a problem finding them i have some,but your shipping is around $40

michaelis88
02-16-2013, 08:39 AM
what kind of nudi do you have exactly? im looking for something for my aptasia aswell

monocus
02-16-2013, 02:16 PM
berghia-all they eat is aptasia

paddyob
02-16-2013, 03:27 PM
This is an expensive route that never worked for me.

You need dozens to make any ground. From the breeder here...

"you need two tanks. First breed them and then when you have lots, add to your display. If you don't do this you will never see them again. "

I added two directly to my display. Never saw them again and never reduced aptasia at all.

It is a very slow process if it does help.

Maybe consider peppermint shrimp first. Or a file fish if you can.

After spending $40 on two nudis I'll never try them again.

Oilers
02-16-2013, 03:54 PM
This is an expensive route that never worked for me.

You need dozens to make any ground. From the breeder here...

"you need two tanks. First breed them and then when you have lots, add to your display. If you don't do this you will never see them again. "

I added two directly to my display. Never saw them again and never reduced aptasia at all.

It is a very slow process if it does help.

Maybe consider peppermint shrimp first. Or a file fish if you can.

After spending $40 on two nudis I'll never try them again.

I think two is not enough. I bought 4 for $60 and the aptasia was wiped out within a week. You can try PM themastr (Erick). Last time he told me he would have some in Feb. I have tried peppermint shrimp and filefish as well but found the nudis to be the most effective.

Mega
02-16-2013, 05:36 PM
Just get peppermint shrimps. I remembered I bought 5 for my 75g and it took them out in 3 weeks. But you will have to decrease your feeding by half. Sometimes I skip a day of feeding for my fish.

michaelis88
02-16-2013, 09:34 PM
I have one peppermint shrimp in my 50g tank with one aptasia, he never even come out, guess I was feeding little over. Also, that one aptasia is getting bigger and bigger. Really scary if that one explode then crash my tank just like my last 26g tank.

Earthgirl
02-16-2013, 10:42 PM
I've done the file fish and shrimp (though they never do well with me)
I've done the same thing paddy except my hubby bought 2 for 80 from a store in edmonton
Never ever saw them again
And no change
Maybe I'll have to order cause I would like 4-6 but I'm not paying $40 a piece!

reef_rookie
02-17-2013, 02:57 AM
Steve at RedCoral was trying to raise them. Not sure if he is selling any yet, but worth a call for sure.

NIVLEM09
02-17-2013, 05:09 AM
i just used epoxy to rid my tank of aiptasia...

hooper
02-17-2013, 05:09 AM
BWA (Blue world aquatics) peppermint shrimp DID WONDERS on my 110 gallon i bought 3 about 3-4 weeks ago and i have none left that i can see.
ken there pulled out an aptasia and threw it in with the peps and there was 3 fighting over eating it!!!!!! SOLD is all i said

Zoaelite
02-17-2013, 05:14 AM
BWA (Blue world aquatics) peppermint shrimp DID WONDERS on my 110 gallon i bought 3 about 3-4 weeks ago and i have none left that i can see.
ken there pulled out an aptasia and threw it in with the peps and there was 3 fighting over eating it!!!!!! SOLD is all i said

Agreed, they do work well but have been known to go after other soft corals such as zoas.

hooper
02-17-2013, 05:16 AM
thanks for the heads up zoa

monocus
02-17-2013, 05:18 AM
i recommend 6 berghia for every 100 gal.acclimatize them in your sump until lights out,put them into a shot glass and sink the glass.let them crawl out on their own.don't disburse them to different areas of your tank.they need to find each other and mate.when they feed they gang up on a single aptasia and devour it,then move on to the next,and it's the baby s that are the real killers.the least i would put in a tank is 3,to make sure they mate and produce offspring

somewherebeyondthesea
02-17-2013, 04:26 PM
I have a peppermint you could use, he's getting too big for my 5G and he ate all my aptasia I had in there!:biggrin:

paddyob
02-17-2013, 04:28 PM
As someone mentioned themastr(sp) breeds them. $20/each.

themastr
02-17-2013, 05:29 PM
Hey guys

I've been battling with my breeding tanks right now. Not sure what's happening but not getting much outcome from 6 breeding berghias. I think I will start from scratch and see if I can solve the problem. I will isolate each one in beaker flasks and let you guys know when I have more available.

Sorry but been trying to breed some since december but it takes 2 months to know whether my batch is good or not. so far no luck. I will start from scratch and not use my current setup. It must be infected with something eating the eggs.

I'll message you guys when I get more

thanks
erick