EmilyB - 6 KENT - Confirmed
cptclever - 1 KENT - Confirmed
Bob I - 1 KENT - Confirmed
andestang - 1 or 2

Total 17 - 19

Please confirm or add to the order

EmilyB
05-20-2004, 06:08 AM
Okay, so on 6 buckets I might save $120, or $20 per month. Is that signifcant to me? Nope. I still don't get it. :confused:

Aquattro
05-20-2004, 07:42 AM
Nope. I still don't get it. :confused:

you don't get the saving money part?? Send me $100 and I'll explain it to you :razz:

Delphinus
05-20-2004, 03:30 PM
What brand name are we ordering? I see only Emilyb's order says "Kent."

I want mine to be Kent too, please ....

AJ_77
05-20-2004, 04:41 PM
The economic benefit of course is greater for those ordering multiple buckets... a smaller saving for those ordering only 1 or 2, if indeed these larger 200gal buckets are scarce now, as some have said. But 20 bucks is 20 bucks... :biggrin:

I haven't been shopping lately - last I heard when Gold had the big buckets they were $69 or so? Anyone have current pricing around town? What is our savings here?

BTW - I would also prefer Kent. :biggrin:

AJ_77
05-20-2004, 06:58 PM
And has anyone approached Nate about special pricing? Maybe Big Al's would like to support the local reefing community and offer a bulk discount on buckets. How cool would THAT be? OR Pisces, or any store for that matter...

Just a thought... we could show them our cool T-shirt for legitimacy.
:biggrin:

aussiefishy
05-20-2004, 08:55 PM
Emily sure knows what is costsaving. but she think 20 bucks is nothing to her... so no one in this board should try to offer her any bargain because she absolutely don't needs it. :rolleyes: people talk like this in the forum makes me SICK. when people try to save other members some money, all of a sudden she post things that contribute NOTHING to this thread. :eek:

simply, if you wish not to participate into this group buy, just don't post!! :rolleyes: you think people in this forum have to listen to your eager/??

lastly, I feel sorry that others have to read this (because this post have nothing to do with salt orders either), but as some of you knows, i rarely post nowadays and this sickens me. and sure, you should talk to Nate about group discount. I will now shut up. thank you.

AJ_77
05-20-2004, 09:21 PM
Umm, you might want to edit your post now, as it adds nothing to the discussion itself - isn't that what you're trying to criticize?? :confused:

What I would like to see instead is, "Here's what I propose on behalf of my store - a deal for salt for $XX, and a local pickup." Isn't that more like what you wanted to say before you got all frustrated?

Why would you send us to the competition? You're not making sense, man - give it a re-think and let's see what productive contribution you can make to the "club" here and a potential client base. Sound good?

Thanks!

EmilyB
05-20-2004, 09:37 PM
I just put in a call to Pisces and Mike will see what he can come up with prices for say a 24 bucket order. He said Kent may be a little higher.

I think we should give him a chance to get us some numbers before another LFS is involved, since he was eager enough to do it, and even unaware we had a club.

EmilyB
05-20-2004, 09:40 PM
simply, if you wish not to participate into this group buy, just don't post!!

I ordered 6 buddy :lol:

Delphinus
05-20-2004, 09:51 PM
Maybe I'm off-side here, but I thought what EmilyB was trying to say was that it seemed like a LOT of work for someone (person or personS) to organize a purchase of a pallet of salt buckets for a minimal savings. So the flipside is, is it not worth the $20 for the convenience of dealing with a LOCAL store.

That said, she IS participating in the order, so I think it's fair that she make any comment she wishes.

Having organized a pallet of bags of sand in the past, I speak from personal experience that organizing, and fielding these endeavours is a huge PITA. Yes, in the end there's a savings-per-bag (or bucket, or whatever). But I know I'm not rushing out to organize another one so soon. I ended up with 60 bags of sand taking up the entire floorspace of my garden shed, and it took six months for them all to sell out.

AJ_77
05-20-2004, 09:58 PM
I just put in a call to Pisces and Mike will see what he can come up with prices for say a 24 bucket order. He said Kent may be a little higher.

I think we should give him a chance to get us some numbers before another LFS is involved, since he was eager enough to do it, and even unaware we had a club.
Good job - I like that plan. Now that we have a club, let's use some clout.

:mrgreen:

EmilyB
05-20-2004, 10:02 PM
If an order this size is placed with Pisces, they can offer the following prices:

Instant Ocean (160g pail) $59.95

Kent (200g pail) $69.95

Sounds like maybe some of you are already getting your salt at that price anyway tho.

AJ_77
05-20-2004, 10:17 PM
KENT it is! I've been wanting to try it for a while, and here it is definitely the better buy. :biggrin: (Can we mix brands in the larger order, if some want IO?)

How much simpler will this be (i.e., how does he want it handled?) Can we pay individually, or does he need a lump sum? I imagine some sort of commitment would be needed...

I'm good with this sort of deal - I know what kind of work it is for the arrangers (as Tony mentioned about the bags of sand bulk order), and this deal is fair enough.

Others?

Jim Barry
05-20-2004, 10:20 PM
My timing stinks..... I just bought 2 pails of Kents :cry:

EmilyB
05-20-2004, 11:15 PM
AJ 77 1 - KENT - Confirmed

DiscusZ - 1 IO 160g - Confirmed

Canadian Man - 2 - KENT - Confirmed

BukAneer - 2 - KENT - Confirmed

Delphinus - 2 KENT - Confirmed
EmilyB - 6 KENT - Confirmed
cptclever - 1 KENT - Confirmed
Bob I - 1 KENT - Confirmed

andestang - 1 or 2

16 confirmed so far.

Please confirm your order (i.e. say 1 or say 2... :razz: ) and give the type of salt you are after. Then I can give him a precise list and confirm details.

Bob I
05-21-2004, 12:32 AM
AJ 77 - 1 or 2 - KENT
DiscusZ - 1 or 2
Canadian Man - 2
BukAneer - 2
Delphinus - 2 KENT
EmilyB - 6 KENT
cptclever - 1
Bob I - 1
andestang - 1 or 2

Total 17 - 20

Please confirm your order (i.e. say 1 or say 2... :razz: ) and give the type of salt you are after. Then I can give him a precise list and confirm details.

Bob_I one Kent.

AJ_77
05-21-2004, 12:49 AM
AJ_77 - 1 KENT

(For now - can this thing be extended, or ongoing do you think?)

Canadian Man
05-21-2004, 12:53 AM
JON 2 KENT.

Cap'n
05-21-2004, 02:42 AM
OK, now we're talking. I was doing a little thinking after reading EmilyB's post as well and was wodering how much work it was going to be for me to save $20. Doesn't seem quite worth it. If we can start using the power of numbers with a local store I'm all for it.

And that negative comment, just don't get it. I don't need to elaborate, those with common sense have already said it for me.

Cpt

Cap'n
05-21-2004, 02:48 AM
I'll go with Kent as well.
Let's see if we can get rid of some of those "or's" and zero in on a total.
Anyone have friends not on the forum that could use some? I'm assuming the more we order the more we save.

Delphinus
05-21-2004, 04:36 AM
Confirming my order for 2 buckets of Kent, please. :cool:

EmilyB
05-21-2004, 04:46 AM
Confirmations please :biggrin: DiscusZ, BukaNeer, Andestang, others?

DiscusZ
05-21-2004, 06:05 AM
Since I have used IO is there a problem switching to Kent? If not put me down for 1 Kent (I still have 3/4 of IO left) otherwise if there is problems with switching brands mark me for 1 IO :)

EmilyB
05-21-2004, 06:29 AM
Since I have used IO is there a problem switching to Kent? If not put me down for 1 Kent (I still have 3/4 of IO left) otherwise if there is problems with switching brands mark me for 1 IO :)

The IO is available in the 160g size...no problem. Price is $59.95. I am presuming that is what you want. Will await your confirmation.

Buccaneer
05-21-2004, 07:01 AM
Kent ... 2 Buckets

DiscusZ
05-21-2004, 03:50 PM
Sure get me the IO

EmilyB
05-21-2004, 11:55 PM
This order is complete and your salt is ready for pickup at Pisces (well I forgot to ask if he had an IO there, but I will and let you know Jim :confused: ).

Please follow through as soon as you can. I will pm each of you with details on how to get your salt at the special price.

AJ_77
05-22-2004, 12:12 AM
Thank-you very much! Heartening to see we can work with local vendors.

:biggrin:

Cap'n
05-22-2004, 01:18 AM
Big thanks to Emily and all others who helped this happen. I like the idea that a vendor now knows us as a group, should be able to use that in the future.

Cpt

andestang
05-24-2004, 10:38 PM
Snooze I lose :rolleyes: Thought to long about switching to Kent :confused: Good work though Deb

AJ_77
05-24-2004, 11:30 PM
andestang - 1 or 2

Did you not get in on this, or what? You're on the list...

:confused:

EmilyB
05-25-2004, 12:44 AM
Well, one or two didn't really tell me what kind and how many. :razz: I will gladly give up a couple of my buckets of Kent tho.

EmilyB
05-25-2004, 09:12 PM
Can you guys pm me and let me know when you have picked up your salt ? (I know Alan did) I will grab the rest of mine after everyone else has, since they may run out and I obviously don't need it all at once.

EmilyB
05-26-2004, 05:39 AM
Or....you could probably let me know if you are even PLANNING to (Tony has)....I don't see much point to getting a deal and no one picks up? :confused:

DiscusZ
05-26-2004, 06:20 AM
I have not gotten mine yet.. on a deadline for the basement, and doing final touches as the carpet arrives this Friday. I will be picking up my Salt on Sat or Sunday

Jim

Bob I
05-26-2004, 03:09 PM
I have not as yet picked mine up. To be totally honest, it may not happen. I am out of town every weekend for the rest of the summer, and probably won't find the time to go. :redface:

AJ_77
05-26-2004, 03:32 PM
I have not as yet picked mine up. To be totally honest, it may not happen. I am out of town every weekend for the rest of the summer, and probably won't find the time to go. :redface:
What kind of crap are you pulling here, Bob? You have time during the day, unless you've changed jobs... :confused:

This is the kind of behaviour that will give us all a black eye, and make a joke out of our "club" that is still forming. Go honour your commitment, please. It's only one bucket.

(At this price, maybe I will go back and say that I'm "Bob" - I could probably use another bucket...) :biggrin:

Bob I
05-26-2004, 05:15 PM
[quote=Bob_I]
What kind of crap are you pulling here, Bob? You have time during the day, unless you've changed jobs... :confused:

OK, I don't need that kind of crap from anyone. I will not be picking it up for sure now

(At this price, maybe I will go back and say that I'm "Bob" - I could probably use another bucket...) :biggrin:

Fill your boots

Buccaneer
05-26-2004, 05:27 PM
Well this has gotten pretty childish :rolleyes: ... you said you were going to do something Bob and then you make lame excuses as to why you dont ... it shows poor character to dump all over someone who simply pointed this out to you ( in case you were too short-sighted to see it yourself )

Of course this is not something new ( done it to me a couple times already and others on the board that I know ) of you backing out of promises and although we should not be surprised I am just a little bit peeved every time you say you will do something and then turn around and renegge on your commitments.

Personally I wont hold you to anything you say anymore because it is just not worth it ... enjoy your weekends this summer

AJ_77
05-26-2004, 07:04 PM
OK, I don't need that kind of crap from anyone. I will not be picking it up for sure now
Wow - didn't see THAT one coming! :eek: uh-huh, sure... :biggrin:

Fill your boots
Done!

("Hi, I'm Bob and I'm here for my Kent!")

:lol:

What about Ande? Was he able to get in on this?

EmilyB
05-26-2004, 08:22 PM
So that this thing doesn't drag on forever, Michael and I have agreed that the Kent salt will have to be picked up by the end of this coming weekend. I think that is fair, don't you?

He doesn't have Instant Ocean in stock, and may not be able to get it by then, so Jim, call him first. You can then pick up after it comes in.

Mike (andestang) I think isn't sure which salt he wants, but if he wants IO, same thing. Otherwise, he is welcome to some of my Kent.

Michael also said he would do another deal when we are ready. :biggrin:

Delphinus
05-26-2004, 09:03 PM
Sounds good to me. I'll pick it up as soon as I can, I just have to scrape a few spare hours together to make a road-trip up to the north. Worst-case scenario, it's the weekend for me, but hopefully sooner than then. Would have been up there already last weekend, but I had to go out of town, so, sorry that it hasn't been done yet, but it will happen as soon as I can orchestrate it. :biggrin:

Deb, do you know what Mike's hours typically are? Daytimes? Since if I need to speak to him I will aim to make it to the store during his regular hours.

EmilyB
05-26-2004, 09:10 PM
I don't think he works Sunday Tony. That's why I suggested people call ahead to make sure it's set up when they get there. He may have it all organized, but I don't want someone driving up there, and none of the staff knowing what is going on.

Canadian Man
05-26-2004, 09:16 PM
I was out of town last weekend as well. I will pick mine up on Friday or Sunday. But I suppose it might not be Sunday if he is not there.

DiscusZ
05-26-2004, 09:17 PM
WEll if he does not have IO if there is any Kent left I will take that but I will call ahead.

Jim

EmilyB
05-26-2004, 09:46 PM
Well, I had him order in IO specifically for you since that was what you wanted. :confused:

I don't suppose he'll have a problem selling it anyway tho, so get whatever you want. Maybe Ande wants the IO ?

Cap'n
05-27-2004, 02:09 AM
Picked mine up Sunday. Mike was not there but all it took was a quick phone call.

Thanks Mike, Deb and everyone who followed through.

Cpt Salty

Canadian Man
05-28-2004, 10:06 PM
I picked up my 2 buckets this afternoon. (Friday may 28/04)

EmilyB
05-31-2004, 05:01 AM
I have to assume that everyone got their Kent, a couple people didn't tell me if they picked up or not... :rolleyes: anyway I'm picking up my five tomorrow and that's THE END. :razz:

ltay
05-31-2004, 05:55 AM
There a new salt in the market by Oceanic which are all the great reviews.
I have decided to switch and just bought a 200g and will mixed with my old water slowly. Results claimed to have better trace elements, calcium and mg.
http://www.oceanicsystems.com/seasalt/

Delphinus
05-31-2004, 03:11 PM
Lunchtime today for me.

DiscusZ
05-31-2004, 10:03 PM
Mine is not in yet so I will be waiting a little more :) Just talked with Mike.

he said hopefully this weekend, I will be getting back Sat from Los Angeles so I will check then.

Jim

EmilyB
06-01-2004, 12:45 AM
Thanks guys.