PDA

View Full Version : Purple tang head turning white

toolmanbmw
02-14-2013, 02:59 AM
Hi guys. Just noticed that the top of my purple tang head has turned white... Not sure why. Is it a concern? He still seems very active and eating.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/02/14/yty4uqy3.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

untamed
02-14-2013, 03:11 AM
Probably bumped his head on a rock...

FragIt Dan
02-14-2013, 04:30 AM
I would be concerned about HHLE. There is a lot of info about this on the web, of particular concern is activated carbon.

Dan

Spyd
02-14-2013, 12:57 PM
Did it just show up one day or have you noticed it getting worse over time? If it just showed up, then it probably scratched itself on a rock. If it has been getting worse over time, then I would think there is potential for HLLE.

toolmanbmw
02-14-2013, 09:49 PM
Thanks for all the help guys. He just showed up with a white head last night. So it happened within a day. The good news is that I looked at him today, and he is back to his normal self :) so I guess he must have bumped it on a rock or something. Thanks again.

naesco
02-14-2013, 11:17 PM
Thanks for all the help guys. He just showed up with a white head last night. So it happened within a day. The good news is that I looked at him today, and he is back to his normal self :) so I guess he must have bumped it on a rock or something. Thanks again.

He was probably chased by someone. If there are more injuries you may need to remove one of the two and it is quite possible they will kill eachother when they get more mature.

toolmanbmw
02-14-2013, 11:40 PM
He was probably chased by someone. If there are more injuries you may need to remove one of the two and it is quite possible they will kill eachother when they get more mature.

Yeah. They do chase each other once in a while. They been together since they were little guy... Sohal, purple, and yellow. Nothing nasty yet... But like you said maybe when they get older. I will keep an eye on it :)