PDA

View Full Version : Something to read, coral growth and coloring, intens light or not

KevinK
02-14-2013, 02:01 AM
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2013/2/aafeature

Baldy
02-14-2013, 02:18 AM
definately an interesting read! thanks for sharing

KevinK
02-14-2013, 02:27 PM
definately an interesting read! thanks for sharing

what is nice to se is that some SPS do better at low light, and others at high light.

for growth that is.

and than the effect of light on color

the led's used for this test where the early vertex units as I remember.

so whe you se that some corals do better in the blue, than for the DIY guys, put a few more blue in.

would be interesting to se such a test duurin g a year with the newer lights that have multiple color LED's

it is always nice to talk about it, but not one system is the same, EcoDeco has one system, and everything is the same, so when you test lights on a system that big, than everything is the same, but the lights.

meaning if there is a change in growth or color, you can directly pinpoint it to the light

Baldy
02-14-2013, 03:58 PM
The light that I diyed is kind of full spectrum. I have 6 stars with deep red, cyan, and cool blue each, but was debating adding more. Its definitely interesting to see that some corals benefit more from the higher wavelengths. People have been flooding their tanks with royal blue leds on the custom builds but things seem to be changing.