PDA

View Full Version : Used AquaScape Epoxy, Now my Nem is Closed

LeanneP
02-13-2013, 01:34 AM
I used the AquaScape epoxy and now my nem is completely closed. It has also affected my colt coral to the point of it being totally shriveled but all the other corals seem fine. Has anyone else had this happen?

Leanne P

carriej
02-13-2013, 01:38 AM
I don't have an anemone, but I used epoxy and my torch and duncan closed up.

Went and made some more water - by the time I was done making water everything was back to normal. My skimmer freaked out though...

This was over a month ago and everything was/is fine.

I didn't use that brand though.. Maybe someone else can chime in if they have

Delphinus
02-13-2013, 03:13 AM
If it's reacting to the epoxy it should go back to normal soon..

LeanneP
02-13-2013, 03:20 AM
It has been hours now and I did a water change and the nem has just opened a tiny bit. The colt coral looks horrible still. A little worried!

Delphinus
02-13-2013, 03:22 AM
Give it a day, it will be OK.

Are you running carbon? You could always add some (or take the opportunity to change it out)..

Madmak
02-13-2013, 03:44 AM
Epoxy never seems to kill anything but it sure ticks a lot of stuff off. Most corals react a bit, some fish do, skimmers always do.

Carbon is a good idea but time will solve it as well.

LeanneP
02-13-2013, 04:35 AM
Yes, normally I would run carbon but I bought a new batch and I put some in last week and all the corals closed up from it so I am a bit hesitant to put it back in. If things are not back to normal tomorrow I get some more.
I hope you are right about this stuff not killing things because my nem is still totally closed and my colt coral does not look good.

gridley
02-16-2013, 04:34 PM
It has been a few days now since you used the epoxy - just wondering how everything went?

LeanneP
02-16-2013, 04:41 PM
Glad to say that by the next afternoon the nem and corals looked back to normal. No serious damage but I still don't think that I will use the aquascape epoxy again. Thanks for all the advice.

Leanne P