PDA

View Full Version : Reef safe flatworm eating machine

carriej
02-13-2013, 01:17 AM
Thread title.. I need one

Something that won't eat my little francois (cleaner shrimp)

Clowns haul him around enough. However I have a flatworm issue and I want some type of wrasse anyway.

I don't really want to go the chemical route - too many stories of scary nukings and my tank is hard to get at it vaccuum the little buggers.

kooky
02-13-2013, 01:52 AM
I had the same problem and bought a yellow and six line wrasse and after 2 weeks no more flat worms.

hillegom
02-13-2013, 01:56 AM
Six line wrasse cleaned up my flatworms.
But they are an aggressive fish and would bully my clowns.
He went carpet surfing while my daughter was looking after my tank 4 yrs ago, so I don't have to worry anymore

marie
02-13-2013, 02:38 AM
Is your tank big enough for a mandarin? When my tank was sitting fallow for 8 weeks I had a flatworm breakout but after putting my mandarin back in the tank, all the flatworms disappeared again

ScubaSteve
02-13-2013, 02:38 AM
Personally I'd get a blue velvet nudibranch. Will make short work of you flat worms. I had one that cleared my tank of them in less than a week.Won't touch anything else as all they each are flatworms.

Delphinus
02-13-2013, 03:12 AM
Canary wrasses are nice and usually eat flatworms.. A radiant wrasse (close relative to the canary) might be a good choice as well..

PurpleMonkey
02-13-2013, 03:42 AM
Red scooter Benny eats flatworms as well

carriej
02-13-2013, 03:51 AM
Thanks guys.

It's a 130 gallon with only a pair of ocellaris as occupants. No livestock and the creepy crawlies get out of hand. Yuck.

Going to have a look at some of those wrasse. However something tells me I better cover my tank. Sigh.