PDA

View Full Version : baby cleaner shrimp

arrowan54
02-12-2013, 09:20 PM
took a video during day of the babies they get more active at night but there is still a couple of the bigger ones in the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEiDaTUfrtk&feature=youtu.be

Zoaelite
02-12-2013, 09:23 PM
Welcome to Canreef :razz:.

Do you have a dedicated cleaner shrimp raising tank? I have a feeling these are mysis shrimp shrimp which will naturally reproduce in our systems, cleaners and peppermints are much more difficult and require separation and feeding of the juvi. larvae.

arrowan54
02-12-2013, 09:36 PM
no i am sure been whatching since they were born and the bigger ones you can start to see the red lines on the back going to try to get video when they are more active just before lights go off and no not in seperate tank there in a 31 gallon ref some in sump too

Zoaelite
02-12-2013, 09:56 PM
Interesting, very stoked to see them grow up in that case.

Must be doing something right, even dedicated breeders have trouble rearing them past the planktonic stage, are you dosing BBS?

jagermaier
02-12-2013, 10:35 PM
Welcome to Canreef :razz:.

Do you have a dedicated cleaner shrimp raising tank? I have a feeling these are mysis shrimp shrimp which will naturally reproduce in our systems, cleaners and peppermints are much more difficult and require separation and feeding of the juvi. larvae.

+1 These look exactly like the mysis that are profusely breeding in my sump and display tank, there are literally hundreds of them. If nothing else they make great live food for my leopard wrasse and Mandarin! :biggrin:

denny_CC
02-12-2013, 10:38 PM
mysid shrimp i breed then in my sump for my mandys ;)

cheers

denny