PDA

View Full Version : Clam

kazzman
02-12-2013, 08:34 PM
Hey guys and gals this is the second clam that I've lost in the last mouth I got one of the ultra max from Steve and I lost about two weeks after I got it talked with him and he replaced it and know the second one I've had for about three weeks is on its way out WTF !!! I have two other clams in my system doing really well and growing and have had them for year plus ?? So not sure what's up with that I will let him know but he was kind enough to replace the first one any help would be appreciated thanks

denny_CC
02-12-2013, 08:41 PM
those ultra maxima clams from tahiti (???)are tricky indeed , very nice color patterns but alot of them go south fairly quick, could be it was doomed before you bought it :(

kazzman
02-12-2013, 09:46 PM
Thanks Denny Steve did say I was the only one that has had the issue with the clams he got in but ya it is what it is and it's part of the hobby it's not gone yet but I took it out don't want it dying in my system and adding that to my tank I've put it in a container for know I still have that coral for ya I sent you a pic the other day thanks again

denny_CC
02-12-2013, 10:25 PM
Thanks Denny Steve did say I was the only one that has had the issue with the clams he got in but ya it is what it is and it's part of the hobby it's not gone yet but I took it out don't want it dying in my system and adding that to my tank I've put it in a container for know I still have that coral for ya I sent you a pic the other day thanks again

i did get the pic but my phone is horrible for viewing photos can you email it to me?

reefwars@gmail.com

thanbks buddy

cheers

denny

kazzman
02-12-2013, 11:38 PM
I will

Proteus
02-13-2013, 12:26 AM
Unless you have pyrimid snails the only other issue I could see I a damaged foot. But these clams are cultured so I would guess they have the best care from supplier. I believe on one of the orders there were some doas probably from cold water.

kazzman
02-13-2013, 02:11 AM
Ya not sure I'm not seeing any snail and my other clams are doing really well it sucks but it is what it is !!!!:(