PDA

View Full Version : Calling all fish keepers

sumpfinfishe
02-12-2013, 03:45 AM
Ok so its been a few days since i was here:surprise:

I have just setup a 33gl long FOWLR and i am asking you to please give me your top five medium to small fish for this size tank. Any suggestions would be great thanks:biggrin:

So far i was thinking:

1-yellow watchmen gobie

2-pigmy angel

3-six line or yellow spot wrasse

4-green chromis

5-tomato clown

The Grizz
02-12-2013, 04:28 AM
The six line can be aggressive so I would go with the yellow spot wasse, forget the green chromis & go with a lemon peel angle. Tomato clowns can also be nasty.

My picks would be

Lemon peel angle
Blue Spot Puffer
Yellow Spot Wrasse
Watchman Gobie
Coral Beauty

Not 100% if these are completely comparable without some research but those would be my picks.

Samw
02-12-2013, 05:18 AM
Cherub angel, shrimp goby with shrimp pair, Picasso clown, Orchid dottyback, yellow Coris wrasse

91Atrac
02-12-2013, 06:46 AM
Chronic do better in small packs so unless your adding 5 or more then neglect them, the tomato gets pretty large like the clarkiis do so he will eventually probably get aggressive but not sure. If there's enough rock work I'm sure the six line would be less aggressive.

Watchmen are sand bed guys so either keep him alone or get him a buddy. Love pistol shrimp so ill suggest it to anyone curious haha

I've had a coral beauty in my 28g cube but I'd stay away from him unless you have a 30g long with rock work and caves. Mine was shy and hid but could be cuz he was in a small tank.

If I'd start again... A pair of neon gobies, dotty back, blennie of some kind, hermits, snails, not sure for a 30g.. I'd probably go species with it and do a Valentini puffer or green spotted puffer.