02-12-2013, 01:08 AM
http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/canadianbudz604/image_zps85b29a51.jpg

canadianbudz604
02-12-2013, 05:10 PM
No comments no nothing?

Coralgurl
02-12-2013, 05:20 PM
I'll be the first!! :biggrin:
Great looking tank! Some specs might help a bit, size, lights, age, etc!

Do you find it challenging with the mix of softies, lps & sps? Dosing? Sorry if you have this in another thread somewhere.....

Cheers

Reef Pilot
02-12-2013, 05:38 PM
Looks good. But you need a bubble coral....:wink:

canadianbudz604
02-12-2013, 08:21 PM
Tank: 27g standard
Lights: 24" odyssea 4x t5ho (bulbs are 2 kz new gen and 2 kz super blue)

Filtration: got chaeto and carbon only in a ac70 with a 12w t5 fixture

Rock/sand: 30lbs of live rock 15ish lbs of sand

Flow: ac70, 2 425 koralia powerheads

Livestock (fish): 2 tank bred ocellaris clowns, 2 yellow clown gobys
Livestock (inverts etc): a rock flower anemone that just had 2 babies, cleaner shrimp named Jacques, hermits, 1 smaller turbo and a fighting conch

Corals: assorted palys, watermelon zoos, purple hornet zoos, candy cane, waving hand, stupid pulsing xenia, toadstool, forest fire red digi, purple stag?, japonica cyphestra, yellow polyps, Kenya tree, green sinularia, etc

Biggest challenge is keeping the tank as clean as I want it, I do have some pest algae that I am picking at and slowly getting rid of. The corals are usually always happy, toadstool gave me the biggest problems. I do weekly water changes of 3-4 gallons. Don't dose anything at all, however my calcium has been on the low side. Thinking of dosing purple up. The tank is 5 months old. Biggest thing my tank needs is an ato system, but the wife won't let me buy it.:neutral:

canadianbudz604
02-12-2013, 08:25 PM
Don't think I Could have a bubble coral as my cleaner shrimp has a hard time leaving stuff alone and would walk all over the damn thing. I thing I might have too much flow for it too. Flow is pretty heavy all around the tank. Hook up a frag and ill give it a try

Reef Pilot
02-12-2013, 08:39 PM
Don't think I Could have a bubble coral as my cleaner shrimp has a hard time leaving stuff alone and would walk all over the damn thing. I thing I might have too much flow for it too. Flow is pretty heavy all around the tank. Hook up a frag and ill give it a try
I've got cleaner shrimp in both my tanks with bubble coral, and yes, they do occasionally walk over them, but they don't mind at all. Bubble coral are very resilient and can handle all kinds of light intensity or water conditions. However, yes, you want them in a bit of a protected flow area. They can handle some flow, and the bubbles move with the water, but not direct current. The frags stick themselves nicely onto rock, so easy to place in a crevice (never have to putty these) on the side of a rock which might not be suitable for other corals.

darb
02-12-2013, 08:42 PM
OK, I am a n00b, FTS = f#$% the system of full tank shot?

What is that basket on the upper left side of the tank BTW?

Also, for a low budget ATO, look at the siphon method (http://www.3reef.com/forums/i-made/diy-ato-auto-top-off-40-bucks-siphon-method-electronic-free-p-116714.html).

pinkreef
02-12-2013, 10:28 PM
IM A NOOB TOO :neutral: I COULDNT FIGURE OUT WHAT FTS WAS EITHER :redface:

canadianbudz604
02-12-2013, 11:26 PM
Lol the basket in the corner is full of rubble for frags and the gobys like to hang out in there too picking at pods I'm guessing.... Don't worry I'm a noob too I still don't have a clue what wysiwyg is

Foxface
02-12-2013, 11:32 PM
wysiwyg is,

What you see is what you get.