PDA

View Full Version : MP40 Question

Kevotron
02-08-2013, 07:13 PM
Had a little incident in which water made contact with the mp40.
Power supply adapter still has a green light but when plugged into the interface, the unit barely lights up to almost nothing at all.
looked everywhere online and only the Dry side motor or power supply being the only replaceable part.
anybody want to chime in to as what I can do to get it back working as I don't want to spend another $500 on a new pump.
:cry:

BlueWorldAquatic
02-08-2013, 07:18 PM
Parts are replaceable. Let the box dry off properly. Put a hair drier to it for a but.

Do not power it up.
Like a cellphone dropped in water, remove power source then dry off. Most will come back to life.

Kevotron
02-08-2013, 07:20 PM
I have waited a day already and is still doing the same thing...
not sure if the unit is fried or the power supply....
im tempted to open the unit up haha

mike31154
02-08-2013, 07:43 PM
What exactly got water on it? The controller or the dry side motor? Either way, each component is available separately. The EcoTech site has plenty of info on troubleshooting. I think they even have a video tutorial on opening up the controller to add the wireless module. If it's still under warranty you may void that by opening it up, but if it's water damage that's not covered anyhow. Best idea may be to contact EcoTech & they'll advise you on how to proceed.

BlueWorldAquatic
02-08-2013, 07:48 PM
Kevin,

If you can wait till Monday I can look at it for you

Kevotron
02-08-2013, 08:12 PM
I took the risk and opened the unit up, and it mysteriously started working again... lol
im thinking maybe some of the salt residue was coating the power plug in and perhaps was shorting out some of the components inside...
Should i clean it with isopropyl or vinegar water ??

hillegom
02-09-2013, 01:17 AM
I vote Q-tip and isopropanol

BlueWorldAquatic
02-09-2013, 02:35 AM
Get some electronic contact cleaner, from a electronics store or Canadian tire