PDA

View Full Version : AI Vega power adapter

NIVLEM09
02-04-2013, 02:06 AM
I woke up up from a nap just now to find my Vega off and smelled something is burnt i.e like a wire.so,i immediately checked my fixture' s power adapter and it was HOT to the touch,so i unplugged right away.everything else is working including the Vega's controller,it's just the darn power adapter:frusty: should i contact the place where i got it from or AI?will my corals be ok until i get a new power supply,which could take a while?:cry:

Skimmerking
02-04-2013, 02:27 AM
sorry to hear about that man I would contact them directly if that is your only light Niv I would look into getting another loner.

NIVLEM09
02-04-2013, 02:39 AM
Thanks,Skim.the sad part is it hasn't been a month since i got the vega and it's broken already:cry: i wanted the new radion but the wife insisted of the vega...could the fixture been affected by the power adapter,do you think?i'll ask martin,see if he could lend me a fixture til this issue is sorted out.

Skimmerking
02-04-2013, 02:40 AM
Thanks,Skim.the sad part is it hasn't been a month since i got the vega and it's broken already:cry: i wanted the new radion but the wife insisted of the vega...could the fixture been affected by the power adapter,do you think?i'll ask martin,see if he could lend me a fixture til this issue is sorted out.

Niv Im sorry im not the guy to ask about those lights. Im a T-5 guy :lol: soon to be a LED Mitras guy as soon as I can stop getting unexpected bills.

if it was your skimmer I would help ya out in a sec.

NIVLEM09
02-04-2013, 02:46 AM
no worries...i shouldve put my foot down on getting a radion instead of the vega.not even a month and already crapped out on me.

Jason McK
02-04-2013, 03:31 AM
AI's online support is amazing. just go online and request help. I had a new power supply for my Sol in no time

J

NIVLEM09
02-04-2013, 04:37 AM
Thanks J.i've filled out a request online and i'm hoping that i get a new power adapter within three days.i can't afford not to having light on my tank as i have sps corals only.i'm crossing my fingers on this....though it's weird for the power adapter to short out in such a brief period.

donkey77
02-05-2013, 01:13 AM
did you have it plugged into gfi, i know on my del sol it said to plug into a gfi

NIVLEM09
02-05-2013, 02:11 AM
yes,it was.one of the vendors here experienced almost the same thing,power supply gets really hot.did you have it plugged into gfi, i know on my del sol it said to plug into a gfi