PDA

View Full Version : Another radion question, this time.....fans

Coralgurl
02-01-2013, 11:11 PM
Im not sure if it's because I've been away and just noticing, but the fans on my radions are really loud. At first I thought my power heads were misaligned so I checked them, then checked the return pump and finally figured its the fans.

It's actually quite annoying. Is this normal? I don't remember them being this loud before. Are they louder depending on settings throughout the day due to light intensity?

reefgirl189
02-01-2013, 11:19 PM
Im not sure if it's because I've been away and just noticing, but the fans on my radions are really loud. At first I thought my power heads were misaligned so I checked them, then checked the return pump and finally figured its the fans.

It's actually quite annoying. Is this normal? I don't remember them being this loud before. Are they louder depending on settings throughout the day due to light intensity?

Time for a cleaning?

Coralgurl
02-01-2013, 11:21 PM
Could be. What do you do to clean yours? Do you take them down? Just checked and they are pretty dusty but I think I was told they didn't need to be cleaned....

Reef Pilot
02-01-2013, 11:29 PM
I just vacuum mine once in a while. Mine are enclosed inside a canopy, so I don't hear them at all. But when I open it, I don't notice any unusual noise, or at least they still sound the same as when new.

Proteus
02-01-2013, 11:51 PM
I blow it out with air in a can

Coralgurl
02-02-2013, 12:05 AM
I just vacuum mine once in a while. Mine are enclosed inside a canopy, so I don't hear them at all. But when I open it, I don't notice any unusual noise, or at least they still sound the same as when new.

I think I'll try this.

I blow it out with air in a can. I would worry about all that dust going into the tank. Do you throw a cover over the water first?

Proteus
02-02-2013, 12:37 AM
I put Saran Wrap over

But in reality they dust goes into the water just as easy as collecting on fan

reefgirl189
02-02-2013, 12:47 AM
ditto to the air can.

Coralgurl
02-02-2013, 02:44 AM
I put Saran Wrap over

But in reality they dust goes into the water just as easy as collecting on fan

I realize that dust gets in the tank but I was concerned about excess dust at one time...:mrgreen:

I think I'll try both methods and see what works best. Thanks for the help, much appreciated :lol: