PDA

View Full Version : LF Corals Calgary

Pinnochio5
01-31-2013, 06:07 PM
Hi,

Looking to fill up quite a bit of space in my tank. So corals on the larger side would work. Anenomes, those huge white toadstool like leathers, or just a group of corals like colorful acan colonies or big colorful zoa colonies.

Send a pic of coral.

Thanks!!

sphelps
01-31-2013, 06:08 PM
I could fill your tank with green bubble tip anemones :mrgreen:

lpsreefer
01-31-2013, 06:22 PM
Concept aquariums has a few larger peices. Lots of coral.
Caco3reef has a few large peices also. Lots of corals
Golds is close today.
WAIS has some nice stuff.
Oceans has some nice stuff also.
If you don't mind paying more big Al's or if you want to pay even more piecse.

Pinnochio5
01-31-2013, 06:36 PM
Golds is close today.

Thanks

SoloSK71
01-31-2013, 07:29 PM
Golds is close today.

Large pieces equal large prices.

Except for BA and P where everything equals high prices if you can even get it before it goes to the "display only unlesd I sell it to my friends tanks"

Where in Calgary can you get smaller pieces for smaller prices?

Charles

ChizerBunoi
02-01-2013, 03:18 AM
What is a small price to you? On average, I pay about $75 - $100 for a SPS coral colony and find that pricing is fair. LPS is $50 - $100.

Is that too much? If yes, then look for frags or when people have sales due to shut downs. But just know that it will take about 1.5 - 2 years for that frag to become a very nice size colony.

SoloSK71
02-01-2013, 03:36 AM
What is a small price to you? On average, I pay about $75 - $100 for a SPS coral colony and find that pricing is fair. LPS is $50 - $100.

Is that too much? If yes, then look for frags or when people have sales due to shut downs. But just know that it will take about 1.5 - 2 years for that frag to become a very nice size colony.

That is the point for me. If I can get 5 to 10 frags at $15 a piece and grow them out that would be a lot more satisfying that getting those 10 colonies full size and paying $750 to $1000 for them. Just different ways to look at it is all I guess.

Charles

jagermaier
02-01-2013, 10:26 PM
Are you interested in any sps, or lps? If you are I have some stuff to offer you...

SoloSK71
02-01-2013, 10:32 PM
LPS, rics, zoas mostly but willing to discuss ... I am not an advanced aquarist in salt so the easier ones to start with ...

Charles