PDA

View Full Version : Moving tank to new house...

fireguy98
01-30-2013, 03:28 PM
Okay so looks like we bought a new house and will be moving march 1. I am worriend about moving my reef tank. Been up for over a year now and we are very attached to all inhabitants. I am looking for a company or individual that offers tank moving services. I'm just concerned that I wont be able to move our place mostly by myself with a preggers wife and deal with my tank properly. So if you know anyone that is reputable and priced fair please forward info. Thanks. Tank is a 65 galllon rsm 250 no sump or anything just a chiller.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

fireguy98
01-30-2013, 03:30 PM
Sorry I am located in port moody bc moving to maple ridge.

duncangweller
02-03-2013, 07:02 AM
The way I moved mine was to drain a bin full of water and remove as many corals as poss and all the live rock I could and move that first.

Then I put delicate rocks (ones with corals fused on) into buckets with tank water.

Drain the tank, put sand in buckets with tank water.

Hook up RO/DI at new house and start making water.

Move everything else across, fill tank and add rock using as much tank water as possible. Add sand and fill with fresh RO/DI water and add sand. When all settles add corals and fish.

Everything from my tank survived. It was stressful but it did the job.

Hope that makes sense.

You work for the fire dept in Port Moody?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Aquattro
02-03-2013, 12:39 PM
I would hire movers to move the house and take care of the tank myself. A 65g is not that tough to move, just need a buddy to help carry it.

fireguy98
02-03-2013, 02:55 PM
Thanks for the input guys. I work in new Westminster.