PDA

View Full Version : Coral Shipping to NB

carriej
01-28-2013, 12:03 PM
Hi Folks,

Just wanted to see if anyone ships corals/frags (or even fish) to NB. Haven't ordered from anywhere as I have been hesitant.. But the cost of corals is not only high here - it's a 4-6 hour roundtrip drive. Am I bad to want things delivered to my door? lol... Flight isn't really an option unless it's flight + bus/courier. Nearest airport is as far as the nearest reef shop.

We have ordered from a few places here in Eastern Canada - but they're not used to shipping (most are just storefronts that made exceptions for us) and haven't had much luck with anything surviving really at all. There are a few of us reefers in town and we are pretty much all in the same boat.

Any advice or suggestions would be great!

11purewater
01-28-2013, 01:43 PM
I would E-mail the sponsors on this site.they'll get you the info you need:biggrin:

reefermadness
01-28-2013, 03:05 PM
Do you have any major carriers ie. fedex, ups, purolator in town? Second question is do they have next day service from other areas.

Whats your postal?

xenon
01-28-2013, 03:52 PM
We ship corals Canada wide. :)

Check out our website in my signature.

carriej
01-28-2013, 10:32 PM
UPS comes here daily, but the station is 2.5 hours away. We do have a purolator warehouse here though. I would prefer purolator because I know someone who works there and he knows to bring me my stuff, and if I am not home to bring it to me at work, and if Im busy at work to take it to my husbands work and he will leave and bring it home (LOL.. Guy needs to be paid more!)

I will check out the sponsors, thanks :).. And thanks Canada Corals I will have a look.

BlueWorldAquatic
01-29-2013, 04:35 AM
onlky problem with purolator, their infrastructure to rural areas is not as good, and can make next day shipping take up to 48 hours.

Air Canada or westjet may be just as good, as air cargo can cost $60-80 a shipment, close to pricing of a courier

Youngster Dan
01-29-2013, 06:43 AM
If you want colonies, check out Blue World Aquariums Victoria.

www.blueworldaquariums.com/coral-store/ There is a good selection, and even more to come in the next few weeks :biggrin: 50 dollars shipping across Canada.

xenon
01-29-2013, 06:43 AM
Unfortunately, Purolator does not allow livestock to be shipped.

That means your options would be UPS Next Day or Air Cargo.

Either way, cost of shipping on your end is always the same when ordering from us no matter what shipping method you choose. :)

carriej
01-29-2013, 02:29 PM
Thanks, I would probably chose UPS.. As the nearest airport from me is several hours away; well... We do have a small airport but as far as I know it's private and only used to fly men up north to work.

I'll have a peek.. :)

BlueWorldAquatic
01-29-2013, 03:52 PM
Actually UPS will ship livestock, you just need to sign a waiver that they will not be held responsible for DOA's

ORA ships to Canada UPS all the time, which I hate as their HUB is in Calgary, and if it misses its connection (2 hours), it'll be another day to Edmonton

FitoPharmer
01-29-2013, 03:54 PM
Unfortunately, Purolator does not allow livestock to be shipped.

I thought that was just a policy for liability reasons? Because I have called up fedex and their agents have told me 100% they do not ship live animals. But I know that is 100% false.