PDA

View Full Version : Good locally available GFO Brand?

asylumdown
01-24-2013, 02:50 PM
Since I set up my tank I've been using PO4x4 from Reef Interest in my Phos reactor. It's great stuff in that it seems to hit above it's weight for Phosphate removal, but it's not available locally (or even in Canada as far as I can tell), and I end up spending almost it's cost again on shipping. That plus the beads are so small that it fluidizes almost too well - the beads are small enough to flow right through two sponge screens, so every time I turn the reactor on or off I end up with a mess of the stuff in my sump.

I used the last of my last bag of it last night and want to switch brands, but it's been a seriously long time since I've used any other brand of GFO, what are people's favourites that you can easily get in Canada?

The Codfather
01-24-2013, 02:54 PM
PO4x4?? Talk to Ray, I think he carries it.

asylumdown
01-24-2013, 02:57 PM
Ray? What's his handle on here? I was thinking I might want to switch anyway because of how messy this stuff is to work with. I have to keep the flow through my reactor throttled way back when there's the appropriate amount of GFO for my tank's volume because otherwise I end up with more of the stuff in my sump and tank than I do in the reactor, but if I could get it for the cheap in Canada I might be tempted to stay...

denny_CC
01-24-2013, 03:08 PM
Ray? What's his handle on here? I was thinking I might want to switch anyway because of how messy this stuff is to work with. I have to keep the flow through my reactor throttled way back when there's the appropriate amount of GFO for my tank's volume because otherwise I end up with more of the stuff in my sump and tank than I do in the reactor, but if I could get it for the cheap in Canada I might be tempted to stay...

ive got bulk hc gfo at concept aquatics , its not dusty or messy as other stuff i used.

its $20/lb i can do a price break if you buy multiple pounds:)

i only have a little bit left and more on the way to arrive in february and we will be carrying it reguarily:):)

cheers

denny
concept aquatics

asylumdown
01-24-2013, 03:12 PM
I'll take it! How much do you have left? I'll send you a PM

reefwars
01-24-2013, 03:15 PM
I'll take it! How much do you have left? I'll send you a PM

im estimating maybe 5-10 lbs , i had 5 lbs and a few for my self put away but i never heard back from the guy who wanted it so its back in the bucket lol

so far all the feedback ive had on our gfo has been very positive:)

drop on over and see me when you get a chance:)