PDA

View Full Version : Small calcium reactor thought on 50g setup

Proteus
01-24-2013, 01:13 AM
I am in the process of getting equipment together for new tank that I hope to have running this summer.

Am considering a ca reactor on it. The entire set up is 50g. Sps tank.
What are your thoughts on a ca reactor on a tank that size and suggested Reactors

I was looking at
http://www.aquamaxxaquariums.com/AquaMaxx_Nano_Calcium_Reactors.html

mr_alberta
01-24-2013, 04:20 AM
There are a bunch of nice small reactors out there Nick. That aquamaxx seems decent though I have not seen one in person.

The Deltec PF509 is an okay small setup as well as the Shuran Pico. The drawback to the Deltec is the lack of bubble counter and CO2 recirc and the possibly problematic AquaBee pump (though I heard they upgraded it).

I used to own a Shuran Pico and quite liked it but found it to be a bit noisy and sometimes leaky (the recirc pump on that unit is a maxi-jet after all). I LOVED my Schuran Jetstream but cannot find one for the life of me. If you are interested in the Shuran Pico, Bubble Magus makes a copy of it and blacknife owns my old Pico if you ever want to see it in person....

How much room do you have to work with?

Proteus
01-24-2013, 04:40 AM
Thanks Harvey

I'm going to try and find this aquamaxx. Read some good stuff and it will hang on the sump. Room won't be a issue as stand is oversized got equipment and working room. I have the better part of the year to find something so I may find a good deal or another system that will suite

The Schuran Jetstream. Looks nice. Ill keep that one in mind