PDA

View Full Version : Radions Quit, Any ideas ???????

ensquire
01-22-2013, 09:51 PM
I wanted to change my programming on my Gen 1's
I attached the cords and opened the utility, immediately a pop up appeared asking if I wanted to update to the new firmware. I said yes, and it went through the download and then it said it was finished and went into the utility screen.
I changed the programming and installed it but on leaving I decided I wanted to disable the local control because it had been pressed during cord installation. I ha already left the utility so I had to reopen it. Again the pop up appeared concerning the firmware update, so I went through the process and this time it installed properly. I changed the local control setting and changed the power setting on the programming. Pressed program all and everything went black.
I have tried changing back to original program , switched to natural mode, but I have nothing.

Any ideas,suggestions?

asylumdown
01-22-2013, 10:05 PM
I found that the ecosmart config utility started asking me to update the firmware every time I connected the radions after Ecotech released Ecosmart Live, even though it didn't need to. Very buggy program.

Are they still showing as connected in the ecosmart config utility? Like, when you try and flash a new program to them, does it do the 'now programming light X' thing, and say that they're restarting at the end of it? Have you tried factory resetting the lights?

asylumdown
01-22-2013, 10:06 PM
Sorry I didn't read that right, do you mean that they went black as soon as you hit 'program all'? Did it not go through the programming steps?

Proteus
01-22-2013, 10:22 PM
I had this same problem after update. I unplugged the USB. Closed program. Opened and loaded saved file and it was fine

ensquire
01-22-2013, 11:06 PM
I had this same problem after update. I unplugged the USB. Closed program. Opened and loaded saved file and it was fine

Have done multiple unplugs and resets. Nothing has changed.

Sorry I didn't read that right, do you mean that they went black as soon as you hit 'program all'? Did it not go through the programming steps?
The second time after the update actually loaded, it went dark as soon as it started the programming.

I found that the ecosmart config utility started asking me to update the firmware every time I connected the radions after Ecotech released Ecosmart Live, even though it didn't need to. Very buggy program.

Are they still showing as connected in the ecosmart config utility? Like, when you try and flash a new program to them, does it do the 'now programming light X' thing, and say that they're restarting at the end of it? Have you tried factory resetting the lights?

They were still showing as a group until I reset both reset programs (Factory and USB. I checked the device info and the one thing that seems strange is the setting for power state. It says USB only

tangsareme
01-22-2013, 11:25 PM
I would give Ecotech a call and they will have you up and running in no time at all.

ensquire
01-22-2013, 11:31 PM
While connecting and disconnecting things, I notice that when the computer is connected through the USB, I have a light on on the top of each fixture. When I disconnect the USB there are no lights on the fixture at all. Both power supplies are showing that they are on.

ensquire
01-23-2013, 07:22 PM
It must have been some sort of a reboot issue. I did numerous power off scenarios and ended up unplugging everything after going through the device info screen. The power source line stated that it was USB only and when I unplugged USB's there were no lights (power indicator ) on the fixtures at all, even if they were still plugged into power source. After 1/2 hour I turned them back on with just the ballasts and everything fired back up.
I can't be certain but I suspect that there was something in the firmware upload that needed to reboot.
Very stressful when you just get a fresh shipment of nice SPS and your lights go out.