PDA

View Full Version : Inflated brain

magikof7
01-22-2013, 06:17 PM
Hey all!

I am still learning the many moods of my Corals but This brain is extremely moody. Some days I think Oh boy he is dying, (all shrivelled up with his mouth gaping) only to turn around and he is back to normal and today He is the most inflated I have ever seen him
Is this normal or is there something going on? ...."What does it mean"!? lol

Here are a couple pics. I know it looks a bit crowded on the sand. I just picked up the Hulk acan and a few of the Zoas yesterday from Concept. They will be put in their places today. :D

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a331/magikof7/001-6_zpsefe35a51-1_zps416a8ac1.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a331/magikof7/002-2_zps903f3266-1_zpsf4829494.jpg

lpsreefer
01-22-2013, 06:21 PM
The brain is fine. Just adjusting by the looks of it. It's when they start showing there skeleton you have to be worried. Or lose all color and go clear.

ScubaSteve
01-22-2013, 06:38 PM
Brains are actually very active corals despite being sedentary. My brain goes through all sorts of shapes through out the day. At night it pulls in super tight but as the lights come of it opens up... and up... and up and get absolutely huge! Then through out the day it does all sorts of thing. If it eats something it closes up, then expands super big. If my hermits are ticking it off, it'll pull in. You'll start to get a feel over time of what means what when it does things... and sometimes it just does things to confuse you.

Like Matt said, as long as it looks healthy and the skeleton isn't showing you've got nothing to worry about.

magikof7
01-22-2013, 10:26 PM
Thanks guys! I knew once it starts showing skeleton it's a goner. I wasn't sure about how big he inflated and if was a sign of trouble or not. :)

I love this Hobby. :D

Dearth
01-22-2013, 10:37 PM
My brain will almost triple in size when fully opened and always leaves me in wonder at how much it can expand

SanguinesDream
01-26-2013, 10:54 PM
Whew, I was just coming here to post about exactly the same thing because mine is so huge it looks like it is going to explode. I was thinking maybe chemical warfare.

magikof7
01-26-2013, 11:42 PM
lol! They do look like they will pop like a balloon don't they?
It amazed me how tiny it can make itself compared to how big.