PDA

View Full Version : wanted Micro algea, mid Island

TommDool
05-12-2004, 06:13 PM
Any one have any micro they want to giveaway or sell for cheap. Perfurable around Port Alberni, Parksville, Courtney/Comox or Nanaimo.

Thanks.

Also looking for some LS to seed my tank too.

Tomm

Aquattro
05-12-2004, 09:07 PM
You mean macro algae, right? Big leafy stuff?

TommDool
05-12-2004, 09:19 PM
Ya sorry, wrote it wrong :lol:

christyf5
05-12-2004, 10:01 PM
What kind are you looking for? caulerpa? halimeda??

Christy :)

TommDool
05-12-2004, 11:02 PM
What kind are you looking for? caulerpa? halimeda??

Anything. I want to put plant life in first for my new 33g. If it doen't go sexual that would be better, but for now I'll take what I can.

ldzielak
05-13-2004, 04:01 AM
I will need to remove some grape vine caulerpa from my sump, about 1/2 of a 4 liter ice cream container this weekend. Send me a PM.

I'm heading through Port Alberni on Friday and probably again on Staturday on my way to Nitnaht. Then down to Duncan on Tuesday.

Maybe we can meet up somewhere. I can give you a cup of sand too if you need.

Lee

TommDool
05-13-2004, 04:38 AM
I will need to remove some grape vine caulerpa from my sump, about 1/2 of a 4 liter ice cream container this weekend. Send me a PM.

I'm heading through Port Alberni on Friday and probably again on Staturday on my way to Nitnaht. Then down to Duncan on Tuesday.

Maybe we can meet up somewhere. I can give you a cup of sand too if you need.

Lee

Send you a PM

Thanks

TommDool
05-14-2004, 06:55 PM
Any one else on the Island willing to help out?

Thanks

christyf5
05-14-2004, 07:09 PM
I've got some halimeda (the small bladed stuff) and some red macroalgae. I can't remember what the red stuff is called. I can try to find a pic for you. I'm coming to Port Alberni for the long weekend and can bring it then if you'd like.

TommDool
05-14-2004, 07:25 PM
I've got some halimeda (the small bladed stuff) and some red macroalgae. I can't remember what the red stuff is called. I can try to find a pic for you. I'm coming to Port Alberni for the long weekend and can bring it then if you'd like.

Ya that would be great I'll send you a PM

TommDool
05-16-2004, 05:51 AM
Thanks Lee for dropping of some sand and grape vine caulerpa. The stuff was exactly what I was looking for. I even found about five worms after I added it to my system. Do you know what exactly they are?

Anyways thanks you again for your willingness to help out newbies like me.

Tomm

StirCrazy
05-16-2004, 01:47 PM

Tomm

Tomm, I would have willingly given you all the grape and razor calurpa you could carry a year ago, but after the problems I had with it and the work it took to get rid of it, even if I had some now I couldn't in good conscience give it to some one else and have them risk going through what I went through with it.

Steve

TommDool
05-16-2004, 05:48 PM

Tomm

Tomm, I would have willingly given you all the grape and razor calurpa you could carry a year ago, but after the problems I had with it and the work it took to get rid of it, even if I had some now I couldn't in good conscience give it to some one else and have them risk going through what I went through with it.

Steve

I know people have had problems with it, even Lee told me it took him two years to get it out of his main tank. So I am aware of it.
Christy is willing to drop some other stuff off for me May long weekend and I believe diversity is best. If I don't like it I could pull it out.