-Ricordea Msuhrooms
-Fuzzy Mushrooms
-Normal Mushrooms
-Star Polyps
-Zoo's
-Frogspawn
-Hammer
-Sebea or bubble anenome
-featherdusters (i know they rnt corals)
What shoudl my parameters be and what type of addictives should i buy?

LostMind
05-12-2004, 05:37 PM
Strive for zero amm, nitrite and nitrate.

With regular water changes, you shouldnt need any additives.

danny zubot
05-12-2004, 05:40 PM
Hey, all of the corals you decribed are basically what I have in my tank. I have a 54 gallon corner tank with a mere 100 watts of lighting. This is the bare minum for any coral keeping, but my corals are doing alright. My tank parameters are as follows:
Salinity, 34ppt
Temp, fluctuates between 83F and 86F which is very warm but I have little control over it because my appartment is warm. Leave yours at 80 to 83F if you can.
Flow: I have a sump pumping 900 gph into the back of my tank with a small power head blowing forward for circulation.
My calcium is still really high right now form a subrate change that I did a month ago. Add calcium, trace elements and strontium\magnesium blends regularly. Some add Kalk and other suppliments, and I also use a carbon reacter to keep my water clear.

Hope this helps you out!

DOO-E
05-12-2004, 06:09 PM
Ya it does do you have any pics of your tank

mr_alberta
05-12-2004, 06:36 PM
The only thing I add to my tank is some sort of Calcium suppliment and DT's phyto.

You think your tank is stuffed, you should see my 37G! I have:

Ricordea
7 types of zoanthids
2 types of Frogspawn
Hammer
Torch
Large Devil's finger
Xenia
Clove Polyps
Small patch of pink star polyps
Pimpled mushrooms
2 small BTA's
Mushrooms

2 false percs
1 Blue/green chromis
1 Yellow Watchman Goby
1 Sixline (soon)
1 Cherub Angel (soon)
I do run carbon 24/7 though.

DOO-E
05-12-2004, 06:50 PM
How about you do you have a pic

AJ_77
05-12-2004, 07:19 PM
Doo-e, a lot of pics are searchable - in the Pictures area. Search for threads about people's tanks, new additions, etc... Or just go back through the last 6 months' worth of threads for ones that catch your eye.

In the Calgary forum as well, there's a lot of threads with pictures. You might have to go back a dozen pages or so, but you can find them.

And for information on people's setups, to see what might work better for yourself, check under "Tank Specification." You can see there who's using what type of equipment to keep the kinds of things you're interested in.

DOO-E
05-12-2004, 11:04 PM
All that equiptment confuses me until i actually see one and have it explained in person. ALL i need to know is the parameters and a few fellow reefers will help me out on how to achieve these.

mr_alberta
05-13-2004, 04:53 PM
How about you do you have a pic

Hi, I didn't want to clog up your thread with all the pics I took, so I made a new post in the pictures section today.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

DOO-E
05-13-2004, 04:57 PM
Holly #@%$ newguy that is a beautiful tank. You should frag me some frogspawn zoos, and hammer i will buy them off of ya. I have really nothin to trade other than GSP's for now.

mr_alberta
05-13-2004, 05:27 PM
Holly **** newguy that is a beautiful tank. You should frag me some frogspawn zoos, and hammer i will buy them off of ya. I have really nothin to trade other than GSP's for now.

Hey,

I've never shipped corals before so I wouldn't even know where to start with that. Right now the only things that I feel comfortable fragging are the yellow zoanthids and the Xenia. The frogspawn is pretty new to the tank (I believe 2 weeks or so) so I want to give it time to settle in. Unfortunately, any hammer frags I make are all "pre-ordered" by my friends/family and other local reefers. I'll frag you some of the other colonies of Zoanthids when they get a bit bigger (which shouldn't be long).

How far is Taber from Calgary? I wouldn't mind driving down or even meeting in Calgary during the summer some time. Mmmm, taber corn......

DOO-E
05-13-2004, 06:06 PM
Okay if you frag me some zoo's and a frogspawn i will bring you up taber corn when i come up this summer okay.