PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Vertex Puratek 100 RO/DI Parts

allie_san
01-18-2013, 03:17 AM
I was setting up my new ro di today.. I was trying to take off the cap to where the ro membrane goes and I snapped off the 90 that connects into the cap. :(
Does anyone know where i could get a replacement cap? I'm not sure i could get the rest of the connector out as it broke off inside.

And how are you supposed to get that cap off without breaking anything..?

albert_dao
01-18-2013, 03:43 AM
Use an appropriately sized flathead screwdriver and torque it out.

Anyway, it's just a regular line fitting. Match it up with one at Home Depot or any other place that sells John Guest or equivalent fittings.

heliman206
01-18-2013, 03:53 AM
I have the same ro unit and did the exact same thing! I ended up using an easy out and then got new fittings from culligan.

Mike-fish
01-18-2013, 04:21 AM
What I do is disconnect the line from the 90 then it's nice and easy. And the line doesn't get all balled up. I would try barttle and Gibson for a replacement 90

allie_san
01-18-2013, 01:18 PM
Thanks for the replies!
Is there a trick to getting out those push connectors? I tried pulling pretty hard and they won't budge. I've never seen or worked with these fittings before.

I managed to get the broken piece out the ro cap by sliding a drill bit in with a snug fit and then running it under hot water for a few minutes. Twisted it out pretty easy with less chance of messing up the threads.

Now to track down a fitting. :)

Trevor W
01-18-2013, 02:27 PM
The fittings are simple, you just have to push the "ring" or "collar" that is around the fitting in and that releases the grip on the tubing. make sure that if you do force the tube out of the connection by pulling on it very hard without pushing this collar or ring in that you cut the damaged part of the hose off and start fresh when re-connecting otherwise you will have a high risk of leaking because of the damage brought on by not removing the hose properly from the fitting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Avzf-jsHyM

As for removing the cap on the RO canister I do as others have stated above and simply remove the hose and just unscrew the cap quick and simple.

HTH

Trevor

Mike-fish
01-18-2013, 07:34 PM
remove the blue locking clip, push the hose into the fitting then slide the white collar up into the fitting to release the line. while holding the collar in pull the line out.

fireguy98
01-18-2013, 07:48 PM
Glad to hear I'm not the only one that has done this. Congrats on the unit. I am very happy with mine.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2