PDA

View Full Version : oooh that can't be good

danny zubot
05-11-2004, 02:39 PM
Last night I rearranged my tank for what I'm hoping is the last time and something was funny when I woke up this morning. I have two anemones, 1 condilactus and another green long tenticle of unknown origin. The doni has a host clarkii and the other has an anemone shrimp. But when I checked out the tanks this morning the shrimp had switched anemones. Aside from this being a total burn to my green long tenti, I think my shrimp is in big trouble as soon as clarki the clown wakes up.

I don't know what to expect when I get home, hopefully my shrimp is ok, has anyone ever heard of a clown and a shrimp sharing an anemone?

richtg
05-12-2004, 04:53 AM
Dude, you have some weird things happen in your tank. Have you tried to herd it back to it's original anemone? None of your clowns bothered it there, but it might be a matter of time before turf lines are drawn. (east coast/west coast). Go Flames, Go! Rich.

Canadian Man
05-12-2004, 05:21 AM
How is everything doing danny?

danny zubot
05-12-2004, 04:49 PM
Hey guys, I wouldn't belive it unless I saw it with my own eyes but my shrimp and my clown were actually sharing the anemone. I say were because that was last night, this morning the shrimp was back at his old stomping grounds. The little green anemone moved to the side of a rock after I arranged the tank and I think thats why shrimpy moved originally. Hopefully he stays put for my own personal viewing pleasure.

Everything is going well with my new corals, I have had to so some shuffling with the digitata so as to not be bothered by other corals but other wise they and the elk horn are doing well. My hammer is still not expanding as much as it used to. I wonder if I have too many corals in my 54 gallon tank now, resulting in a bit of toxin stress? Any thoughts?

I have a Hammer, a torch, GSP, snake skins, green candy, multiple shrooms, a toadstool leather, a green and a purple digitata and an elk horn coral. 2 anemones, 2 clowns and strawberry pseudo and 2 shrimp.

Am I full yet?

richtg
05-12-2004, 11:59 PM
I've seen tanks absolutely packed to the gills and kept successfully. I guess you just need to do research as to what species react negatively to close quarters with others. I'll lend you my coral book (Eric Borneman) because it has a lot of good husbandry info.

Rich.