PDA

View Full Version : One of the acans not opening fully

mrhasan
01-15-2013, 05:07 PM
Well after upgrading the light, one of the acans (red aussie) are not opening fully. Other corals, including the acans right beside it are opening. Anything to be concerned or its just acclimating to the light?

http://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s522/mrhasan1/2013-01-15101519_zpsbd1d8c92.jpg

Proteus
01-15-2013, 05:28 PM
Looks fine to me. Some will open more than others. Zeo's ammino acid lps. Will help with polyp extension

mrhasan
01-15-2013, 05:29 PM
That one used to be as fleshy as others but the new light caused it to shrink.

Talking about amino acid dosing.....does that pollute that tank? And can it be overdosed or something?

Proteus
01-15-2013, 05:43 PM
I'm sure u could OD but its a every other day schedule

mrhasan
01-15-2013, 05:44 PM
I'm sure u could OD but its a every other day schedule

Heard that AA should be dosed in ULNS but I don't have that. Any input on that?

Proteus
01-15-2013, 05:55 PM
Yeah. They look fine. Try feeding them. Check at night as polyp may very well be more active then. Try different place ment. My blastos don't like bright light. There half way in cave.

lastlight
01-15-2013, 07:40 PM
i find every now and then a colony will deflate and look like that or much 'worse' for a day or two and then be back as if nothing happened. nearly all my frags/colonies take their turn.

doesn't mean it's ok i suppose but it happens to me.

i have the exact same two acans (i think the two on the right are the same) and the green one has always expanded much fluffier than the red/purple one.

mrhasan
01-15-2013, 07:47 PM
i find every now and then a colony will deflate and look like that or much 'worse' for a day or two and then be back as if nothing happened. nearly all my frags/colonies take their turn.

doesn't mean it's ok i suppose but it happens to me.

i have the exact same two acans (i think the two on the right are the same) and the green one has always expanded much fluffier than the red/purple one.

Yah my gsp does that all the time. It would close up for no apparent reason from time to time for days!

I guess I should just give it some time instead of moving since it was perfectly open in that very location.

Oh the two green ones are not the same; a bit different in pattern but looks the same with camera :P