PDA

View Full Version : Stocking suggestions?

Ghost
01-14-2013, 09:15 PM
I've had a 34g RSM for about 6 years now and have spent the last couple years battling a brown clove infestation. Finally had enough and decided to cook the rocks and salvage what I could.
I'm now in restock mode and am asking anyone for advice on coral suggestions. I am a big fan of ricordia and zoas simply because of the array of colours and slow growth. Would Acans be a good addition?
I've tried birds nest and found it grew from a frag to the size of a small football in a matter of a year and a half. My frogspawn grows very quickly as well.

So any advice is welcome! Thanks in advance

mrhasan
01-14-2013, 09:21 PM
Acans would be awesome :D Huge choice of colors. Maybe chalice can grab your attention too.

Ghost
01-15-2013, 04:36 AM
Thanks mrhasan. If I recall correctly chalice have a pretty strong sting don't they? Would I have to be concerned with it coming into contact with zoas rics or Acans? I did read that various Acans can be placed next to one another without issue.

mrhasan
01-15-2013, 05:21 AM
Thanks mrhasan. If I recall correctly chalice have a pretty strong sting don't they? Would I have to be concerned with it coming into contact with zoas rics or Acans? I did read that various Acans can be placed next to one another without issue.

Well almost all LPS packs sting including acans and chalice. There are two types of acans (lord and echinata). Lords can be kept together but lords and echinata should touch each other; atleast that's what I heard.