PDA

View Full Version : I hate technology...please help me

yellowworld
01-14-2013, 10:30 AM
I am so fed up with my stupid Apex controller...It was a pain in the butt to even get it connected to the internet to start with but now im trying to update it and I have finally lost all patience after screwing around for 4 hours and getting no where im done.

Can someone please take it off my hands and update it for me?!?!

yellowworld
01-14-2013, 10:40 AM
I have followed Neptune systems guide to a T, my internet comes into my house downstairs - thats where my router is. So i went downstairs to the conputer connected to my router with my apex base unit in hand. Turned on my dinosaur of a computer and waited for 45 minutes for everything to be downloaded and ready to go, I could access the base unit and the installer was ready. Entered my info and pushed update firmware and then it sat there and ran through 26 failed attempts. I thought maybe its cus im using windows xp on a POS computer ill try the laptop....same thing.

Then i got desperate and thought well im going to be accessing it with my Mac lets try that. went back up stairs and got my 27" iMac and brought it down stairs to hook up to my router only to find that this time my apex base unit wont even connect to the internet the light on it is orange not green, ive messed around with this thing long enough, ive tore apart my system to get my base unit and EB8 out of cus i dont have a power adapter for the base unit and i now have to haul all of this crap back upstairs...ohhh and might i mention that i am OCD about wires and cords to the point of it upsetting and aggravating me haha

Long story short, i need help with this or im probably going to shoot something

Aquattro
01-14-2013, 12:41 PM
On my first attempt I had to restart the base unit. Tried that?

Seriak
01-14-2013, 02:02 PM
What type of router!

Mine initially gave my router an ip of 192.168.1.50 but my network was using a D-Link router which uses the 192.168.0.1-255 range. I had to use the utility on the CD to manually change my IP into the correct range.

Aquattro
01-14-2013, 02:58 PM
The update app will put in a default IP, which may not be the correct one. Use the Apex display to confirm the IP it's using and make sure the updater has that IP.

claymax
01-14-2013, 07:18 PM
i had a bunch of trouble when i first got mine, so i phoned neptune and they got me going in under 15 min

yellowworld
01-15-2013, 01:25 AM
What type of router!

Mine initially gave my router an ip of 192.168.1.50 but my network was using a D-Link router which uses the 192.168.0.1-255 range. I had to use the utility on the CD to manually change my IP into the correct range.

Im using a Telus router, Actiontec V1000H. I got it back online I can access if from both my windows PC and my Mac with the base unit IP address but when i go to up date it, the window reads this

Loading firmware file into memory
Firmware file load complete...
Calculating Apex Start Checksum Vector
Calculating Apex Start Checksum Vector complete...
The controller address is: 192.168.1.171
Connecting to controller at address: 192.168.1.171
Connecting
Connected, waiting for login prompt
Login prompt detected, sending user name information
User name accepted, sending password information
Waiting for login to be accepted
Login successful
Login successful
Requesting boot loader version information
Placing Apex in read to receive mode
Trying to connect: attempt 1
Found ARP entry at address: 192.168.1.171
Waiting for input from Apex, timed out
Trying to connect: attempt 2
Found ARP entry at address: 192.168.1.171
Waiting for input from Apex, timed out

and so on and so on with out ever getting passed the Apex timing out

right now im trying to load the "aqua4.hex" file
my IP add is: 192.168.1.50
my HTTp Port is: 80
user is: admin
pass is: 1234

ive also tried restarting the base unit with no luck as well

Aquattro
01-15-2013, 01:56 AM
What is that 192.168.1.50? The computer IP? Base unit?

Aquattro
01-15-2013, 01:58 AM
Beside the network address field is a magnifying glass, if you click that, does it resolve the IP?
Your unit is not exposed to the internet, I assume that's by design?

Aquattro
01-15-2013, 02:01 AM
You may want to post this at the support forum as well.

http://forum.neptunesystems.com

yellowworld
01-15-2013, 02:08 AM
Hey Brad Thank you very much I dont know what i did, i just back tracked a lot of stuff and started over and this time it worked first time

THANKYOU FOR EVERYTHING!!! and everyone as well