PDA

View Full Version : Fish and Coral QT

Steve...
01-14-2013, 04:53 AM
Hi Everyone,

Can I QT my fish and corals in the same tank? After I QT my livestock, can I keep the water in the QT and let it run until my next purchase or do I have to strip it down every time?

Thanks!

chi
01-14-2013, 07:20 PM
Hi Everyone,

Can I QT my fish and corals in the same tank? After I QT my livestock, can I keep the water in the QT and let it run until my next purchase or do I have to strip it down every time?

Thanks!

Qt fish is ensure that they have no parasites. Ich. Velvet etc. These are usually chemically treated from either adjusting the salinity (hypo) or adding copper/medications. These will kill the corals.
For coral qt. Its usually observing them to see if they have parasites. Usually a freshwater dip of the same ph and temp/iodine dip/or a branded.coral dip solution to kill off parasites that may harm the coral. These will kill fish. And its not ideal to keep corals in its non natural environment for a prolonged period of time as it will die.
So while is ok to keep them in the same tank initially. But you know that in the end the differing treatment procedures requires you to have different tanks. So ....just get two tanks. One for corals and another for fish.
Good luck

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2