PDA

View Full Version : Coral Vue bulb lasts 2 weeks before breaking

whatcaneyedo
01-11-2013, 11:24 PM
I've been using MH lighting since 2005 and gone through 2 bulbs a year on average since then. I've used Hamilton, XM, Giesemann, lots of Phoenix and even Aquamedic. But this is the first time I have had one stop working and after only 2 weeks! According to Coral Vue's warranty policy this bulb is no longer covered as I bought it nearly a year ago and I no longer have my receipt (plus the retailer has since gone out of business). I've contacted Coral Vue and am now awaiting their reply. Has anyone had a similar experience with these bulbs?

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh109/whatcaneyedo/IMG_9838.jpg

whatcaneyedo
02-15-2013, 01:35 AM
Good news. Coral Vue stood behind their product and sent me a replacement bulb in exchange for the broken one. Perhaps I will use them next year as I've already switched in some new Phoenix bulbs that I had as spares.

1eyedjyde
02-15-2013, 04:11 AM
Similar thing happened to me with the cheap bulbs from e-bay. One lasted 9 months before failing and the other one lasted a week or two. I switched back to phoenix bulbs about 5 or so months ago and no issues.

Spyd
02-15-2013, 11:25 AM
Good news. Coral Vue stood behind their product and sent me a replacement bulb in exchange for the broken one. Perhaps I will use them next year as I've already switched in some new Phoenix bulbs that I had as spares.

Coralvue is a stand-up company when it comes to warranty on their products. My Reef Octopus pump went screwy after 6 months. It still somewhat worked but would be a real pain to start-up. They ended up sending me a new one right away no questions asked. I then sent them the old one back once the new one was installed on my skimmer. All in all, great company to deal with.