PDA

View Full Version : Ionic silver as an ich treatment?

RuGlu6
01-11-2013, 11:34 AM
Ionic silver as an ich treatment?

Just got my Silver generator to make Ionic silver (http://www.silverlungs.com/).
The staff works but too expensive to buy from Health Food store at $50 per ~350ml bottle.
At any rate got my first liter of the ionic silver water and decided to treat my Moorish Idol that is in quarantine tank at the moment.
Next morning I thought someone changed the water and also put a brand new lights.
The water was so clear and tank was so bright!
Fish shows no signs of any stress eats and behaves as usual.
There are also a lot of mushrooms and Leather coral in that Q tank. All corals are shriveled.
What do you guys think?
I put about half a cup in to a 15 Gal tank.
I also put about a cup in my 65 Gal Display Tank with 20 gal sump, the effect was less noticeable with only the leather coral not being open. SPS fish and clam is normal.
I dont know if it will cure ich because my fish is almost cured at the moment.

If anyone has a fish in quarantine heavily infected with ich you are welcome to try, but I can only give a few cups or so (free obviously) , this staff takes time and effort to make.

fishyfishster
01-11-2013, 01:27 PM
maybe the ph swing caused the corals to react negatively

lastlight
01-11-2013, 08:48 PM
Best of all it's Blue Man Group approved:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahihGKZC5Kk

425nm
01-11-2013, 10:13 PM
For the love of your fish/coral STOP dosing a heavy metal that you can't measure!!

Silver is definitely toxic to freshwater fish (it inhibits the Na+/K+ and ATPase used by the gills in osmoregulation) and is probably toxic to marine fish let alone invertes.
On top of this its toxic at the range of 0.01-0.17MICROGRAMS/L of water. You can very very easily hit that level without realizing.

If you can't quantify it, don't put it in your tank (or your body).
Edit: I'm sure there's a good chance that it'll kill ich but also lots of other things in your tank.

hfp75
01-11-2013, 11:35 PM
Never know if you don't try it..... Any research on this idea ?

spit.fire
01-12-2013, 06:59 AM
I know it will kill viral infections etc but as far as I know it won't affect parasites

parasites will die off when they are exposed to certain frequencies (ie a zapper) although I don't know what it would take to emit those frequencies through water

The smurf guy turned blue because he made his own and didn't do it right

I've tried silver for curing stuff on freshwater fish but they just died

(Tried it on some gimpy guppies that I exposed to ich on purpose (got my source of ich from petsmart))

As far as human use we used a silver cream on a good friend of mines grandson who was born with herpes (cold sores) and it completely got rid of them

All the ionic silver I've used was store bought

RuGlu6
01-12-2013, 10:43 AM
For the love of your fish/coral STOP dosing a heavy metal that you can't measure!!

Silver is definitely toxic to freshwater fish (it inhibits the Na+/K+ and ATPase used by the gills in osmoregulation) and is probably toxic to marine fish let alone invertes.
On top of this its toxic at the range of 0.01-0.17MICROGRAMS/L of water. You can very very easily hit that level without realizing.

Edit: I'm sure there's a good chance that it'll kill ich but also lots of other things in your tank.

Fresh water fish was the only tank that i Didn't try it on because it is upstairs. LOL
Salt water tanks are all ok fish, corals inverts etc. Water is super clean Ozone like type effect.
Wait, i did try in on one tiny fresh water tank in the kitchen, tank has one beta fighting fish and one Japonica shrimp, both are fine after 3 days.

If we think about how many people are killed by the big Farma using approved drugs: the # is ~160 000/year in US. And it was "Doctor Recommended"

argyria was only found in 300 cases in 3000 years. So compare to today's approved medicine its much safer.
It works , non toxic and way better that Frankenstein bacteria producing antibiotics.

Heard about the colloidal silver 'Blue Man?' Here's why the scare story is public relations fraud
This makes sense when considering that thousands, if not millions, of people take ionic silver or silver colloids solutions on a regular basis without incident, and none of them are blue. Argyria, after all, is a very rare condition that only seems to come about as a result of consuming improperly-made silver solutions that contain too many silver particles that are too large in size, and that were made using the addition of salt.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/035219_colloidal_silver_blue_man_skin.html#ixzz2Hl HTMLuD

RuGlu6
01-12-2013, 10:45 AM
maybe the ph swing caused the corals to react negatively

this solution has Ph 10 but one cup per 65 gal isn't going to swing it too high.
My Ph monitor shows same Ph as usual.

RuGlu6
01-12-2013, 10:56 AM
I know it will kill viral infections etc but as far as I know it won't affect parasites

parasites will die off when they are exposed to certain frequencies (ie a zapper) although I don't know what it would take to emit those frequencies through water

The smurf guy turned blue because he made his own and didn't do it right

As far as human use we used a silver cream on a good friend of mines grandson who was born with herpes (cold sores) and it completely got rid of them

All the ionic silver I've used was store bought

I have zapper too (great little device works as advertised) as well as my wife has one. My coworker has two of them, he uses one on each hand when he has tennis elbow. But i find it works best on bruises, cuts and where it can be applied close to the skin or right under it, as well as right on top of the blood vessel like on side of the neck or on the wrist.

RuGlu6
01-12-2013, 10:59 AM
Never know if you don't try it.....

my point exactly.

Zoaelite
01-12-2013, 04:25 PM

Couldn't of put it better myself, do not dose something that you can not measure. You won't know if you don't try but you sure won't be happy if you kill your whole tank and have to start brand new.

I hope this photo puts something into perspective for you.
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/2973/yaaokay.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/836/yaaokay.jpg/)

windcoast reefs
01-12-2013, 10:29 PM
Seems like a bad idea to me, disaster waiting to happen.

somewherebeyondthesea
01-13-2013, 03:16 AM
my point exactly.

I personally swear by herbtana! Only stuff that has worked for me so far :-)

RuGlu6
01-21-2013, 06:22 AM
Definitely bad for Fresh Water one shrimp died, snail and Beta fish are ok in 0.5 gal tank. And i added like half a cup there :redface:
water is cloudy so, it was bad idea. Did large water change and added bacterial culture to re-populate.
All the mushrooms and leather coral are recovered in Quarantine tank.
Moorish Idol is OK recovering from ich. Ionic Silver did not make any difference to ich as someone (rightly so ) mentioned that silver ions will only kill pathogens and not parasites which are more complex organisms.