PDA

View Full Version : chemiclean coral response

Baldy
01-11-2013, 04:55 AM
I just got finished treating my tank with chemiclean to get rid of a cyano issue. Well it worked like a charm!

But I do have a question for those that have used it. My paly colony pulled its tentacles(?) in and left the mouth exposed after the first day as well as my hammer retracting a bit, and other slightchanges. second day after turning the skimmer and carbon back on The plays were back to normal along with most of the other coral. The only thing that's left is the hammer. Its retracted a bit more than usual. Its been 3 days since I dosed, and I did the 20% water change yesterday.

I'm not panicking yet, just wondering if any one else noticed changes like this using chemiclean.

Palmer
01-11-2013, 03:44 PM
I have had a GBTA split once or twice when using chemiclean. Other than that nothing in regards to coral. I usually run an airline into my sump to further oxygenate the water as I understand it that is one of the problems (decrease in oxygen) in using chemiclean.

Baldy
01-11-2013, 04:07 PM
i put an airstone in my sump as well. i also used less than the recommended dose. i have a 75g with about 20g in the sump and i dosed for 60g of water. worked like a charm! and this morning the hammer is looking better so i might have just been to quick to worry