PDA

View Full Version : 150W 20,000K HQI bulb

Willito
05-10-2004, 04:41 AM
Just seen these bulbs on the market, don't know how long they have been around, but curious if anyone has yet to use them. I was wondering what the intensity is like and is the colour anything like the Radium bulbs.

Delphinus
05-10-2004, 06:57 AM
I have a Coralvue 20k 150W double-ender for my 20g.

It's OK. It's not as blue as you'd think (I actually supplement it with 2x75VHO actinics!). It's bright, but its .. well it's 150W. It's a good lamp for a small tank like a 20g but you couldn't expect to do much more with it, I think.

If you're interested come on over sometime and take a look, I can fire it up for you. Only thing is my 20g is .. kind of decommissioned after my recent move but I hope to get it up and running again within a week or so.

Willito
05-10-2004, 05:00 PM
Thanks Tony,
I had hope that it was something closer to a Radium colour. I guess I am just gonna have to wait til something else comes out. In the mean time, and I am not sure if you have experience with this, but which is a more intense actinic, VHO or PC? Currently I have 2x96 Catalina Ultra Actinics and don't find it produce much of a blue appearance. Would 2x95 VHO give me a stronger actinic look (more intense)? I don't know if this is a fair comparision, perhaps it depends on the different brands of bulbs. What would you suggest if I want something more blue, PC, VHO, or just different brand of bulbs? Keep in mind I'll still be using my 150W 10K with actinic supplement.