PDA

View Full Version : Fs guaging intreast neo aquarium 34g

nanoreefnewbie
01-10-2013, 03:04 AM
My friend has this tank has had it forever in hopes too start up a reef well he has faced reality and it collect dust soo he jus wants too know what he could get outta of it just the tank and stand comes with a light bracket too...its a weird design I can run by his house take pics of it if there is intreast...:biggrin:
Hoping too get my buddy cash for rent...

Davidbugera
01-10-2013, 03:38 AM
Pics pls

nanoreefnewbie
01-10-2013, 03:53 AM
Have too hoover too his house that will betomorow pics on Google for a teaser I guess:mrgreen:

Mike-fish
01-10-2013, 04:22 AM
What's the price

mrhasan
01-10-2013, 04:29 AM
Have too hoover too his house that will betomorow pics on Google for a teaser I guess:mrgreen:

You will need to post a price for this ;) Forum's rule.

nanoreefnewbie
01-10-2013, 04:56 AM
There is not set price...:biggrin:
There alot online but that's including sump tank and return pump umm idk I'm gunna set it high cause he never did give out a number and strategy it off at 1000$???:razz:
Price will probably be lowered but there's a number lol

Deepseanano
01-10-2013, 05:21 AM
i have had many tanks in the past and currently use this one. i do like them but i would advise you of a few things before starting. 1. lighting (i had a clamp on led but with the high back to it my lights didn't seem to light up the tank enough. 2 waterfall (the waterfall stirs up the sand bottom until its bare, but to fix that i just drilled 4 small holes about 1 inch below the water level on the return. other then that i love the look down style to it

Davidbugera
01-10-2013, 11:25 AM
Is this the same tank u tried to sell awhile back,

Davidbugera
01-10-2013, 11:29 AM
i have had many tanks in the past and currently use this one. i do like them but i would advise you of a few things before starting. 1. lighting (i had a clamp on led but with the high back to it my lights didn't seem to light up the tank enough. 2 waterfall (the waterfall stirs up the sand bottom until its bare, but to fix that i just drilled 4 small holes about 1 inch below the water level on the return. other then that i love the look down style to it

Same issues I have with mine except I did my rock work up the water fall chamber so it trickles down

Deepseanano
01-10-2013, 02:22 PM
Same issues I have with mine except I did my rock work up the water fall chamber so it trickles down

currently i made a false wall right in front of the waterfall with egg crate filled the back with sand up to the bottom of the overflows and now i have started a mangrove backdrop to hide the waterfall and overflows.

nanoreefnewbie
01-10-2013, 02:42 PM
Is this the same tank u tried to sell awhile back,

Nope the tank i was selling was a nano yes but not this one this is a buddy's tank...:biggrin:

nanoreefnewbie
01-10-2013, 02:47 PM
Did your tank come with a light bracket?this has one..brings lights more over the tank not on edge up 18 inches...hang your light off this lower it ect... And was gunna suggest jus build up rock work but those holes would work great too

Deepseanano
01-10-2013, 02:51 PM
Did your tank come with a light bracket?this has one..brings lights more over the tank not on edge up 18 inches...hang your light off this lower it ect... And was gunna suggest jus build up rock work but those holes would work great too

no mine didn't come with a light bracket but i have see a few of these tanks building rock work up the waterfall to fix those issues. i still do recommend drilling holes near the top of the waterline. i did find drilling those holes helped with micro bubbles as well.

reefwars
01-10-2013, 02:51 PM
umm idk I'm gunna set it high cause he never did give out a number and strategy it off at 1000$???:razz:

just a fyi for the price to help you set it better , pices is selling these for $500 for tank,stand,sump and light accessories brand new, im not sure on what your friend is including with his set up but figured i would let you know what pices is selling them for .

they did however first introduce them at a price cloer to 1k but have since droped the price by a fair bit.

awesome tanks though:)

cheers

Deepseanano
01-10-2013, 02:54 PM
just a fyi for the price to help you set it better , pices is selling these for $500 for tank,stand,sump and light accessories brand new, im not sure on what your friend is including with his set up but figured i would let you know what pices is selling them for .

they did however first introduce them at a price cloer to 1k but have since droped the price by a fair bit.

awesome tanks though:)

cheers

i got mine used for $250 that was tank stand sump pump and skimmer. but yes there are a few new ones out there i know the petland in crowfoot has a new one regularly $1100 now selling for $600 that's tank stand sump and lights but to my knowledge these tanks have been discontinued.

reefwars
01-10-2013, 02:56 PM
to my knowledge these tanks have been discontinued.

i believe they are as well

nanoreefnewbie
01-10-2013, 03:23 PM
i believe they are as well

1+:biggrin:
They are rare...the only ones I seen was reefwars and this one...

acepumping
01-10-2013, 04:04 PM
You may want to lower price. I just bought this one 8 months ago new for 600.00
And then sold it again for 350.00 after i wanted to upgrade more.. lol
So theres a rough idea.

Borderjumper
01-10-2013, 04:19 PM
I have one I bought new last summer.. I love it! If I could find another for $500 I would buy it in a heartbeat!
Japarto if your reading,, find me one:mrgreen:

acepumping
01-10-2013, 04:27 PM
I agree. I fell in love with mine right away. But needed bigger tank due to growin fish. Ill post some pics once I find them and show you guys what it looks like setup. Hopefully it will help this sale

nanoreefnewbie
01-10-2013, 08:03 PM
Okay so chatted with buddy he was thinking 400$ pics will be up soon...it would be a sweet seahorse tank for the low flow or add a few power heads for frag tank possibilities seem endless with this tank possibly a small vulcano tank?:biggrin:

There has been no modifications made on this tank also...:biggrin:

nanoreefnewbie
01-11-2013, 08:23 PM
Hey all srry for lack of pics been busy at work then got a call say my grandma had a heart attack and landed in hospital so minds been preoccupied with that...pics will be posted tonight I promise srry for delays:neutral:

Borderjumper
01-11-2013, 08:33 PM
Okay so chatted with buddy he was thinking 400$ pics will be up soon...it would be a sweet seahorse tank for the low flow or add a few power heads for frag tank possibilities seem endless with this tank possibly a small vulcano tank?:biggrin:

There has been no modifications made on this tank also...:biggrin:

FYI it would suck as a seahorse tank.. Way too shallow at 13" and runs with a water level of 11". They are designed as a look down tank, as the water surface stays smooth. I use mine as an anemone tank.. They make wicked clam tanks.. Or even work well as a frag tank using an LED light and an extra mp10.

nanoreefnewbie
01-12-2013, 01:02 AM
K thanx for the info

FYI it would suck as a seahorse tank.. Way too shallow at 13" and runs with a water level of 11". They are designed as a look down tank, as the water surface stays smooth. I use mine as an anemone tank.. They make wicked clam tanks.. Or even work well as a frag tank using an LED light and an extra mp10.