PDA

View Full Version : Edmonton Store Tours

Wayne
01-10-2013, 02:45 AM
Edmonton Store Tours

February 2, 2013 (Saturday)

Red Coral of Edmonton (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=67597) <-- Click for Vendor info

Aquarium Illusions (http://www.aquariumillusions.com/company-info/contact-us/) <-- Click for Vendor info

February 9, 2013 (Saturday)

Marine Aquaria (http://www.marineaquaria.ca/contact.php)<-- Click for Vendor info

Blue World Aquatics (http://www.blueworldaquatic.com/) <-- Click for Vendor info

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How this works:

Basically the vendors listed above are contributing members to Canreef and they are going to all put on a sale for us!!! The items that they choose to be on sale is what's on sale. The amount is what they choose. Management has FINAL say on any disputes.

I am hoping that all the vendors will post up some deal teasers :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So come on out and help support our LOCAL vendors they are there for us to keep this hobby going!!! Its always fun to score some sweet deals as all of the vendors will be stocking up on lots of new items!!!

BlueTang<3
01-10-2013, 03:28 AM
Looking forward to this as usual timing is a little off for us as tank isn't quite ready for corals but always good to get out and see everyone. Are we gonna do times like we have before or it's gonna be a all day thing?

fishoholic
01-10-2013, 03:41 AM
Looks good but (not sure if it works for Neal) you may want to move Marine Experience to Feb. 2 since his place is less then 5 minutes away from Red Coral and it would make more sense for them to be on the same day since they're so close to each other.

HMD
01-10-2013, 04:08 AM
Can't make the 2nd my self since my boy turns 3 on the 4th and we are having the party then......as much as he would want to tag along think the Missy's would shoot us both for missing his party ;)

howdy20012002
01-10-2013, 04:14 AM
it was actually my request that it be on the 9th..I will offer the discount both weekends so that it isn't inconvenient for people
ultimately it all depends on how it is set up..
i can't really have 15 people at once due to space.
however, if it is just showup whenever, then I can do the 2nd as well.
I am in the process of moving things around and will be in a better layout by the 9th so that more people can be in the store
how is this going to work?
is it just show up whenever or are you going to meet somewhere and go from there?

fishoholic
01-10-2013, 04:26 AM
Huh birthdays.......my niece's birthday is the 3rd can't remember when we're celebrating it, guess I better find out :redface:

fishoholic
01-10-2013, 04:30 AM
it was actually my request that it be on the 9th..I will offer the discount both weekends so that it isn't inconvenient for people
ultimately it all depends on how it is set up..
i can't really have 15 people at once due to space.
however, if it is just showup whenever, then I can do the 2nd as well.
I am in the process of moving things around and will be in a better layout by the 9th so that more people can be in the store
how is this going to work?
is it just show up whenever or are you going to meet somewhere and go from there?

Ooooooh that makes sense then. The last one was show up whenever I think.

Wayne
01-11-2013, 12:44 AM
I will be contacting the vendors about time, but most indicated it would be an all day event. I will be confiriming and updating you all :lol:

Wayne
01-16-2013, 01:20 AM
Bump

Wayne
01-21-2013, 01:26 AM
Getting closer :-)

Wayne
01-27-2013, 09:28 PM
Coming up this weekend!!!!

RedCoralEdmonton
01-27-2013, 10:05 PM
Well I guess its time to figure out the specials!

Running all day February 2nd (my birthday I might add)

Store tour specials!!!

30% off all Livestock
15% off in stock dry goods

and because I love you guys so much!

My birthday specials!!!!!

50% off all tailored aquatics chemicals and additives!
$20 Maxi minis
$1 snails
and last but not least 50 cent blue leg hermit crabs!!!!!!!!

*offers cannot be stacked with remaining Boxing Day Gift Certificates*

See you next weekend!!!!

Steve

BlueWorldAquatic
01-27-2013, 10:56 PM
Out of respect to the stores that have their tours on the opposite weekend.

We will have our specials at the following;
30% off all livestock
15% off dry

also many unadvertised specials also.

This will be ONLY on the day of our tour as not to scoop business from the other vendors on their day.

Unfortunately I wont be in town for it, but I will be available for haggling.

BlueWorldAquatic
01-27-2013, 11:17 PM
also our specials will be for tour participants only. As it defeats the purpose of a tour if anyone can come and go when they please, as it will fragment the group..

Mike-fish
01-28-2013, 12:30 AM
So how does this all work

RedCoralEdmonton
01-28-2013, 01:06 AM
Because I have had numerous pms regarding the sale I will clarify. Our sale is open all day feb 2 only, to all customers of red coral, regardless of time of day.... Same as years before, we reward all patrons equally

Cheers,

Steve

Wayne
01-28-2013, 01:26 AM
This is the way that most retailers are going to be offering there sales. Blue Worlds last post kinda confused me... Hopefully Ken will clarify how he would like to organize his store :wink:

Because I have had numerous pms regarding the sale I will clarify. Our sale is open all day feb 2 only, to all customers of red coral, regardless of time of day.... Same as years before, we reward all patrons equally

Cheers,

Steve

fishoholic
01-28-2013, 05:37 PM
It was only the first year we did store tours that everyone tried to meet together as a group. The first store had sales from 11-12, the second one from 12-1 etc. The problem was the 1st 2 stores got a lot of business and then people lost interest and numbers dwindled off from there, for example, I think we started with around 30 or more people and we ended with 3. In the years since we have had the tours split up between days (so people wouldn't get bored after the first 2 stores) and we've had it as an all day sale so people could come and go as they choose.

This way if you had morning plans you could show up in the afternoon or vice versa, and still manage to be apart of it. Also it was good for the smaller stores to have the business spread out throughout the day instead of having a ton of people show up all at once and have the single store employee running around like a chicken with their head cut off trying to help 20-30 people all at once.

Wayne
01-28-2013, 11:27 PM
This is what I am hoping for ;)

It was only the first year we did store tours that everyone tried to meet together as a group. The first store had sales from 11-12, the second one from 12-1 etc. The problem was the 1st 2 stores got a lot of business and then people lost interest and numbers dwindled off from there, for example, I think we started with around 30 or more people and we ended with 3. In the years since we have had the tours split up between days (so people wouldn't get bored after the first 2 stores) and we've had it as an all day sale so people could come and go as they choose.

This way if you had morning plans you could show up in the afternoon or vice versa, and still manage to be apart of it. Also it was good for the smaller stores to have the business spread out throughout the day instead of having a ton of people show up all at once and have the single store employee running around like a chicken with their head cut off trying to help 20-30 people all at once.

Wayne
01-30-2013, 03:00 AM
Bump

reef-keeper
01-30-2013, 02:08 PM
Quick question this store tour, never been on one. How does it work? Do we all meet some where and travel store to store or do we just go to the store when we have time available that day??

reef-keeper
01-30-2013, 02:15 PM
I should read every post instead of skimming through. Figured it out

Len

RedCoralEdmonton
01-30-2013, 11:24 PM
Bump for the weekend!

Steve

craigwmiller
01-30-2013, 11:27 PM
Looking forward to it!

Somewhere along the tour I'm hoping to find a barnacle blenny :)

Wayne
02-01-2013, 03:45 AM
Weather is looking nice for this weekend :)

RedCoralEdmonton
02-01-2013, 04:55 AM
Oh snap we have a ton of new things for this tour.... you guys are lucky this year for sure....

Steve

craigwmiller
02-01-2013, 09:57 PM
Any word on the details for Aquarium Illusions tour stop?

- Any specific hours?
- Have to come as the 'group'?
- Entire store on sale?
- Do we have to say anything specific?
- Do we also need to be an AI member?

Wayne
02-02-2013, 05:47 AM
To the best of my knowledge Aquarium Illusions is putting on a sale open to the general public. There should not be any sort of requirement to announciate yourself as a canreef member or have an AI membership.

It should be on regular buisness hours and there is no need to come in as a group. I will call Ron to get 100% clarification and post ASAP in the mourning :mrgreen:

Aaron2
02-02-2013, 03:22 PM
Hi Guys,
Been super busy, so haven't really had time to post.
The store tour sale is all day today and tomorrow, and no you don't need to be a Club Member.

20% off livestock
10% off drygoods (the usual Ecotech exclusion applies)

We brought in 1200lbs of Fiji last night and we've got tonnes of new fish, inverts and frags. Here's some pics of what's available http://s1201.beta.photobucket.com/user/AquariumIllusionsDawn/library/Jan%202013

BlueWorldAquatic
02-05-2013, 08:38 PM
Looking forward to offering deals to the "CanReef" community, nice to be able to give back. Sorry I won't be there as I am in Calgary.

christyf5
02-06-2013, 01:46 AM
Keep it clean boys or we'll confine you to your vendor forums.

Wayne
02-06-2013, 03:28 AM
I would like to thank both vendors that have already gone through this :) I went down to both stores and was pleasently suprised :) Aquarium Illusions even had a sign welcoming us Canreefers!

Looking forward to the next weekend of shopping, there may be some minor changes TBA.

mr_alberta
02-06-2013, 11:02 PM
Ok guys,

Here is what we are offering for the store tour.

Saturday, February 9, 2013 only:
20% livestock
10% drygoods (excluding ecotech products and vertex lighting)

Don't see anything you like? We'll we are also going to be giving away coupons to be used at any future date (except Boxing day) with the same discounts! (this coupon cannot be combined with any other offers or special orders and is for in stock items only).

Wayne
02-08-2013, 12:23 AM
Hope everyone is ready for another round of madness!!! Coming soooooon :lol::lol::lol:

Wayne
02-09-2013, 04:52 AM
Bump for tomorrow!!! I can finally get the last of my plumbing supplies :)

Wayne
02-09-2013, 05:45 PM
Bump for some sweet deals, get in before its all gone! :lol: