almost whitish and has like white eyeshadow

when he swims its like his balance is off abit

please note i am new to salt tanks only had these guys
1 week

thanks in advance
les

DOO-E
05-09-2004, 05:54 AM
If you have only had these fish 1 wwek then that means the tank is only 1 week old. Not cyled. Which means a shittocy load of Amonia the fish cant handle it and is dying. What r u feeding him.

Jason McK
05-09-2004, 06:15 AM
It sound to me that you have way too many large aggressive fish introduced way to soon and way too fast.

Did you set the tank up 1 week ago?
What hardware do you have?

J

Aquattro
05-09-2004, 08:52 AM
Yup. That many carnivores added to a tank at the same time (and that tank is too small for all those fish) is going to cause a lot of toxins to build up. They are all messy feaders and I bet if you test for ammonia, you'll see the reason you're having trouble. Do a good sized water change now to help them out. Then take some back to the store.

Buccaneer
05-09-2004, 06:53 PM
Tell the fish store to hold them or refund you the money as they should have asked you more questions at the time they sold you the fish to know that it was too much too soon ... if that is the number of fish you would like to keep then go out and buy a 120G or bigger tank ... cycle it till the levels are where they should be ... then add 1 fish back to the tank and then keep testing to see the tank stabalize wth the increased bioload ... then add another ... test ... and so on ... this is a hobby of patience

If you plan to just keep the 77G then maybe rethink the inhabitants altogether as Brad suggested ... a friend had triggers too and they are a HUGE bioload

also post what filtration you are using

StirCrazy
05-09-2004, 08:23 PM
Tell the fish store to hold them or refund you the money as they should have asked you more questions at the time they sold you the fish to know that it was too much too soon

why do you think this is the fish store's responsibility.. they are thee for one thing.. the sell stuff.. it is your responsibility as a consumer to research what you are buying. blaming it on a store is just a cop out for your own impulsive purchasing.

Steve

=FC=Carbonizer
05-09-2004, 11:07 PM
i bought these from buy and sell they were already in tank
i kept water from old tank
brought home all coral and rock and reset up tank
did 20 % water change for first 3 days
now i do one bucket (14quarts-3.5 gals) per day

i went to j&l today and bought cupramine(seachem) added 7 ml,
i also bought a fluval 404 canister and extra carbon which i will set up and run to remove copper next week
also when to big als and bought a vortex diatom filter which is up and running.
hopfully this works
oh yea the fish were raised together and get along great'
the guy i bought them from only fed them sand eel's(silversides)
is there anything else that i should feed them,i threw in 6 live clams
and they really when to work gone in 2 days,now they try to steal the empty shell from each other(really quite funny to watch)
les

Buccaneer
05-10-2004, 03:50 AM
quote="StirCrazy
why do you think this is the fish store's responsibility.. they are thee for one thing.. the sell stuff.. it is your responsibility as a consumer to research what you are buying. blaming it on a store is just a cop out for your own impulsive purchasing.

Steve
As it turns out it was not a fish store :rolleyes: ... but even if it was there is nothing wrong with a fish store taking one extra step to ensure the survival of the fish by making sure they go into a well filtered system that is big enough for them to grow without overcrowding ... it is in their best interest to educate the consumer that pays for their livelyhood because if he is successfull then he will spend more money in the store that contributed to his success ... that is not to say that as a consumer you should not educate yourself but who is the pro and who is the amateur ?

Anyway we have hijacked this guys thread long enough on a subject that has been hashed and rehashed many times with opinions on both sides.

I stick by mine :mrgreen:

Buccaneer
05-10-2004, 03:53 AM
i bought these from buy and sell they were already in tank
i kept water from old tank
brought home all coral and rock and reset up tank
did 20 % water change for first 3 days
now i do one bucket (14quarts-3.5 gals) per day

i went to j&l today and bought cupramine(seachem) added 7 ml,
i also bought a fluval 404 canister and extra carbon which i will set up and run to remove copper next week
also when to big als and bought a vortex diatom filter which is up and running.
hopfully this works
oh yea the fish were raised together and get along great'
the guy i bought them from only fed them sand eel's(silversides)
is there anything else that i should feed them,i threw in 6 live clams
and they really when to work gone in 2 days,now they try to steal the empty shell from each other(really quite funny to watch)
les

If you used cupramine on that tank then the coral will surely die as the copper levels will kill them.

StirCrazy
05-10-2004, 04:23 AM
If you used cupramine on that tank then the coral will surely die as the copper levels will kill them.

I was thinking the same thing.. but hoping it was a typeO.

Steve

BCOrchidGuy
05-10-2004, 04:52 AM
I thought he meant live rock.. corals.. with triggers? who'da thunk it

Doug

Quinn
05-10-2004, 06:34 AM
Perhaps a few good books and more research before jumping in like this...

zulu_principle
05-10-2004, 06:57 AM
Agree with Quinn.

Wendell