PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts: Tunze DOC 9410 Protein Skimmer

craigwmiller
01-06-2013, 06:24 AM
Running a Vertex IN-180 now, and interested in something easier to manage, ie. less maintenance to tune it to work as efficiently as possible, and not have the risk of it all of a sudden overflow.

Anyone have any thoughts on the Tunze 9410?

Also interested in any other skimmer suggestions that are somewhat self-tuning-ish that will do a good job with little maintenance.

(my water depth is 9" give or take 1/4")

KevinK
01-06-2013, 04:40 PM
I was locking at the bigger one, 9030 and was wondering the same.

Not much info out there on them.

Thy tell thy can handel large tanks, but I cant find anyone that has them on a large tank to hear there experiance.

We all know tunze has top products, but putting down lets say 6 to 800 for a skimmer, not knowing if it works to what thy say, is a bit of a trick

For there pumps, and ATO and so, we all know what we can expect, but for there skimmers, hmmm.

For promo, thy should put a few skimmers out, to tanks thy claim thy can handle and have owners write reviews of them, becous there is nothing out there.

scubadawg
01-06-2013, 07:02 PM
David at Aquagiant has a larger Tunze, Deltec, Bubble Magus setup in a some of his tanks, I bought my Deltec 2060SC from him, his prices are better than J&L for these, and he can special order them in.