PDA

View Full Version : Bk sm250 drawing water through the air inlet

subman
01-04-2013, 06:01 PM
My supermarin has just started making gurgling noises so upon closer inspection I noticed there is water being drawn into the air line. Any ideas on how to correct this?

Madreefer
01-04-2013, 06:10 PM
Is that little flute cracked? And were'nt you the dude that bought the BK Mini 180 off of me? You upgraded!

subman
01-04-2013, 06:11 PM
I did and it was great. But bigger tank needs bigger bk :wink:
I don't see any cracks on it

Madreefer
01-04-2013, 06:20 PM
Well on my skimmer which I beleive is same pump, my skimmer wasnt making any foam. I took it all apart and found that the rubber tubing was full of salt creep. Put it all back together and it was gurgling as well but fixed. So seen there was water in the tube and just blew in the hose while the skimmer was running and it fixed the gurgle sound. I alsotook the muffler off of it. It was kind of damp so might be part of the problem.

subman
01-04-2013, 06:21 PM
Got it fixed the air inlet was somewhat plugged causing the water to be drawn up the discharge pipe.

Bblinks
01-04-2013, 06:52 PM
Subman, I had the same problem with the silencer clogging up with salt creep. I removed the whole silencer off the volume adjuster and put it in a remote area outside the sump using the tube extender that came with the skimmer. I can take a picture for you later if you like and show you what I did.